Are you ready for auditions? Want to experience something new and exciting?!! Come join us…..
• Whether you are auditioning to be a Chiefs Cheerleader, a pro cheerleader elsewhere, or even just want to enhance your skills in fitness, glamour, communication, or performance….then sign up for the 2013 Chiefs Cheerleader Workshops!
o Each workshop is taught by some of our very own 2012 Chiefs Cheerleaders as well as some of our Alumni Chiefs Cheerleaders. Learn first-hand what it takes to be an NFL cheerleader and more importantly a Chiefs Cheerleader.
o Workshops are not required but highly encouraged! If you want the details of our program and what it takes to be the most prepared for “our” auditions, then register now for these workshops.
o Each workshop varies in training topics and choreography, so sign up for all four. You don’t want to miss them!
o Workshops are a great way to meet people. If you are by yourself or traveling from out of town, workshops will allow you to meet new people that will all have a common interest and goal. Every year we watch complete strangers come in the building and by the end of the process, leave with lots of friends. It is truly a unique experience.
o Workshops are $25 per class or if you sign up for all 4, the cost is $85 total! You can enroll and pay via our website OR pay at the door on the day of the workshop. NOTE: You must sign up for all 4 at once in order to receive the discounted price. NOTE: No refunds.
o Attire for workshops:
• You are welcome to wear anything as long as you can move comfortably. Most attendees wear sweats, booty shorts, bra tops, tanks, t-shirts, etc… Please NO jeans.
• Shoes can either be tennis shoes or jazz shoes.
• Any color is acceptable for workshops.
o All workshops will be held at The University of Kansas Hospital Training Complex which is located just outside of Parking Lot Gate 5 of Arrowhead Stadium. NOTE: All workshops are closed to the Public. Only paid participants will be allowed into the workshop.
• Please enter Gate 5 and drive to the Chiefs Offices. You will park on the West Side of the Practice Facility in the gravel. The door will open promptly at the starting time. Please do not enter prior to the start time.
• Workshop #1: Tuesday, January 15th 6:30 – 10pm
• Workshop #2: Friday, January 25th 6:30 – 10pm
• Workshop #3: Friday, February 1st 6:30 – 10pm
• Workshop #4: Friday, February 8th 6:30 –10pm
o There are 2 roles within the Chiefs Cheerleaders team: Field Cheerleaders & Ambassador Cheerleaders. You will learn more and be trained in one or both areas during the workshops. Audition candidates will have the option to audition for Field Only, Ambassador Only or Both positions.
• Field Cheerleaders: Participate in the squad poster & calendar, cheer & dance on the field during the game, practice twice a week and typically stronger in dance skills.
• Ambassador Cheerleaders: Participate in the squad poster & calendar, do appearance & promotional events during the game vs. dance/cheer on the field, practice twice a month and typically are stronger in communication skills with a flexible schedule to do more appearances.
• The Audition Clinic is the mandatory clinic for all Chiefs Cheerleader Candidates.
o You are only required to attend one but can attend both.
o The cost for the Audition Clinic is $30, regardless if you attend one or both. You can enroll and pay via our website OR pay at the door on the day of the clinic.
o A headshot photo will be taken at this clinic of each candidate by our team’s photographer. This photograph will be attached to your Audition Application.
• Please make sure your hair & make-up are looking their best.
o All medical release forms and candidate information is due by this clinic.
o All audition material will be taught at this clinic.
o Majority of details of the audition weekend will be shared at this clinic. o Attire for audition clinics:
• Please wear a bra top, booty shorts and hose.
• Any color is acceptable.
• Tennis shoes or jazz shoes. (any color)
• Full hair & make-up is required.
• Audition Clinics will be held at The University of Kansas Hospital Training Complex which is located near Gate 5 of Arrowhead Stadium. NOTE: The Audition Clinic is closed to the Public. Only paid participants will be allowed into the clinic.
o Please enter Gate 5 and drive to the Chiefs Offices. You will park on the West Side of the Practice Facility in the gravel. The door will open promptly at the starting time. Please do not enter prior to the start time.
• Audition Clinic #1: Saturday, February 16th 9 – Noon
• Audition Clinic #2: Saturday, February 16th 1 – 4pm
• Auditions will be held 2/22 – 2/24. (NOTE: Must be 18 years old by 2/22/13 to audition.)
o All rookie candidates will begin on 2/22 for pre-lims.
o Semi-finals will be on 2/23 and will include veteran candidates.
o Finals will be on 2/24.
o Announcement of the 2013 team will be on Tuesday, February 26th.