KANSAS CITY, Mo. – On May 22, 1963, Chiefs Founder Lamar Hunt announced he was relocating his professional football franchise to Kansas City from Dallas. Four days later, the Dallas Texans officially became your Kansas City Chiefs.
In celebration of the club’s 50 years in Kansas City, Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt informed fans on Saturday that all season ticket account holders – both existing and new accounts – will be given one personalized Chiefs Nike jersey per account to honor them for their support and enthusiasm over the years.
“We are very excited to be celebrating 50 years in Kansas City,” Hunt said. “My family and I are extremely grateful to be a part of this great city and we have built so many fond memories here through the years. When my dad brought this team to Kansas City, he knew there was something special about this place. For 50 years, the Kansas City community has rallied around the Chiefs, and for that, we want to say thank you for being the best fans in the NFL.”
Each account holder will have the option to choose name/number and size on their brand new Chiefs jersey which was just released by Nike. The jersey will come with a commemorative STH (Season Ticket Holder) patch that can be placed onto the right shoulder, opposite of the Lamar Hunt AFL patch, if the recipient so chooses. Account holders will also have the option to purchase additional jerseys at a discounted rate.
The jersey giveaway is the first of many events and promotions that will take place in 2012 to pay tribute to the fans. Details of other initiatives will be announced at a later date.
“This is a great opportunity for us to say thank you to our fans for the support they have given us,” said Head Coach Romeo Crennel. “The season is just around the corner, and I’m really looking forward to seeing our fans out there in that Sea of Red cheering us on.”
Below are details on how season ticket account holders can obtain their jersey, compliments of the Chiefs. To become a Season Ticket Holder fans can visit www.kcchiefs.com/tickets. The general public can pre-order the new Chiefs Nike jersey online beginning April 15 with in-store availability commencing on April 26.
PERSONALIZED CHIEFS NIKE JERSEY
- Existing and new season ticket account holders will receive one personalized Chiefs Nike jersey.
- Account holders can visit www.thejerseyfactory.com/kcchiefs to order their complimentary jersey.
- The account holder will be asked for their account email and account number.
- An email has been sent to all Season Ticket Holder accounts with more details on the process.
- Fans will have the option of customizing their jersey with a name and number of their choice.
- Each jersey will come with a Season Ticket Holder (STH) patch with the option to have it placed on the jersey’s right side, opposite of the Lamar Hunt AFL patch.
- In order to receive the personalized jersey prior to the start of the regular season, orders must be submitted by June 1.
- Jersey orders will be accepted through September. The Chiefs jersey giveaway is a limited time offer.
- For additional information including an FAQ visit www.thejerseyfactory.com/kcchiefs or www.kcchiefs.com, email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-920-4600.