The Chiefs prepare to face another NFC East team this week as they head to the City of Brotherly Love to battle the Philadelphia Eagles. Obviously, one of the big storylines is Chiefs head coach Andy Reid returning to Philly where he compiled a 130-93-1 regular season record and led the Eagles to five NFC title games, eight division titles and a Super Bowl appearance.
However, Reid is not focused on his homecoming but rather, on the task at hand – winning as a team.
“This is about our football team, it’s not about me, it’s not a one-man show,” Reid commented. “It has nothing to do with that. That was demonstrated when we had the opportunity to play the Cowboys. That was a team effort. This will take a team effort when we play the Philadelphia Eagles. That’s what I believe in and I know.”
Kansas City is 2-4 all-time against the Eagles and 1-1 in games played in Philadelphia. This is the only primetime game for the Chiefs this year and games played on Thursday’s under the bright lights, the Chiefs are 9-8 all-time.
“We look forward to having the opportunity to play the Philadelphia Eagles,” Reid noted. “We know they’re a good football team. I know its Thursday night, we understand that. It’s an electric place to play and our guys are geared up.”
- The Chiefs are tied for second in the league in turnover differential. The Chiefs and the Titans are the only two teams to have zero giveaways heading into Week 3.
- Since 2010, QB
- Kansas City is tied with two other teams with a perfect red zone touchdown percentage. The Chiefs have converted all five attempts – four passing, one rushing – for a total of 35 points.
- Chiefs LB
- Chiefs and Eagles Connections: Between coaches, players and front office staff, the Chiefs have 24 members who have served with the Eagles franchise. Some to note is Chiefs President Mark Donovan spent 2003-08 as Philadelphia’s Senior Vice President of Business Operations; Chiefs TE
Records to Watch
- LB Derrick Johnson has three career INT returns for TDs, tying for the fifth-most in team history. He needs one more to tie S Lloyd Burruss (4) for fourth.
- K Ryan Succop has made 98 fields goals during his career, the third-highest total in Chiefs history. Needs to convert two more field goals to reach 100 for his career. Needs to convert 182 more field goals to pass Jan Stenerud (279) for second.
On this Day – September 19th
- On September 19, 1928, Mickey Mouse made his first screen debut in Steamboat Willie at Colony Theater NYC. Also on this day, in 1970, the “Mary Tyler Moore” show premiered and since 1995, September 19th has been deemed International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arr!
- On this day, Jimmy Fallon is celebrating his 39th birthday; along with country singer, Trisha Yearwood who will be 49 and former Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein is turning 24.