Effective: July 16, 2018
You may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information in connection with your use of our Services. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still visit and use parts of our Services, but may be unable to access or use certain features, options, programs, and services. Our Services may contain links to third-party websites and services that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites, services and advertisements, and you visit them at your own risk.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
- Information Provided by You.
- Information Collected Automatically.
- The Purposes For Which We Use Personal Information.
- How We Disclose Personal Information.
- Social Networking Services.
- Links To Other Web Sites.
- Children’s Privacy.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
- Your California Privacy Rights.
- International Users.
- Contact Us.
2. Information Provided by You.
You generally are not required to provide Personal Information about yourself when you visit our Services. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of Personal Information when you register with our Services, sign up for contests or sweepstakes, use a send-to-a-friend feature, participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Unique identifiers, such as a user name or password;
- Demographic information, such as gender;
- Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
- Geolocation information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments and other information posted in our interactive online forums;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. Information Collected Automatically.
Certain information on our Services is collected automatically by means of various software tools, such as such as server logs, cookies, pixels, web beacons, local storage, device identifiers, and location information. We have a legitimate interest in using such information to assist in log-in, systems administration purposes, information security and abuse prevention, to track user trends, and to analyze the effectiveness of our Services. Alone or in combination with other information, such automatically collected information may constitute Personal Information. We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit our Services, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting our Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within our Services; and
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, local storage objects, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of device identifiers. Please review your help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings. To manage Flash local storage objects, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
4. The Purposes For Which We Use Personal Information.
We may use Personal Information that we collect through our Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
- Maintain or administer our Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, our Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Customize and personalize your use of our Services;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent;
- We collect your location-based information for the purpose of locating a place that you may be searching for in your area. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service;
- We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running; and
- If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about season tickets, we will ask for your friend’s name and email address, to send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our Services.
5. How We Disclose Personal Information.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the Personal Information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share Personal Information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host our Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share Personal Information with all members of the “NFL Family”, including, without limitation, NFL Properties LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Ventures, L.P., and NFL Ventures, Inc.
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may allow third parties, such as our sponsors, to serve advertisements on our Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users’ online activities over time and across different websites.
- Social Networking Services:We may share Personal Information with social networking services as described in more detail in Section 6, below.
- Select Business Partners:In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, with your permission, we may share Personal Information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain Personal Information shared with our third party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you do not elect to have Personal Information shared, it will not be shared with such third parties. We take measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any Personal Information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use Personal Information for their own purposes.
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer Personal Information as part of such transaction. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you via email and/or prominent notice on our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding Personal Information.
- Interactive Features: We may share Personal Information with third parties when you post Personal Information to a user profile or a public area of our Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool. If you post to these interactive features, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure that parties who have access to such Personal Information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when using these features. To request removal of Personal Information from our community forum, contact us at the contact information below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share Personal Information with third parties when you consent to such sharing. For example, if you win a contest or sweepstakes, we may ask your permission to publicly post certain Personal Information on our Services identifying you as the winner.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
6. Social Networking Services.
We have worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Google+, and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
From time to time, we provide a limited set of information to social networking services who help us develop and aggregate information on our customers’ demographics, which is then used to display advertisements to other individuals likely to have similar interests. We and such social networking services take steps to minimize the use of any Personal Information (if Personal Information is needed at all), including, where possible, transferring a “hashed” set of data that can only be used to correlate to other data that the social networking services already has.
7. Links To Other Web Sites.
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the Personal Information you provide to us. While we strive to protect Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any Personal Information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of Personal Information.
9. Children’s Privacy.
Our Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will delete this Personal Information as soon as possible.
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial e-mails you receive. Please note that opt-out requests may take some time to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
We may store your friends email address and name for the sole purpose of sending an email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at http://www.chiefs.com/contact-us.html to request that we remove this Personal Information from our database.
You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
To manage your preferences regarding third-party tracking of your use of our Services (as described in Section 3 of this Privacy), you may request to opt out here http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ for any company listed on that page. You may find out more about your choices regarding targeted advertisements by using the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page located at www.aboutads.info/choices and the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page located at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
If Personal Information about you changes, or if you no longer desire to use our Services, you may request that we update or remove certain Personal Information by signing into your account and making the required changes, by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com, or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
12. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
13. Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to CAPrivacy@chiefs.com or write us at The University of Kansas Hospital Training Complex, ATTN: CA Privacy Rights, 1 Arrowhead Drive, Kansas City, MO 64129.
14. International Users; Other Rights
Please note that our Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of Personal Information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
Depending on where you live, you may have additional rights under applicable law, such as the rights to export or object to or restrict the processing of Personal Information, and the right to erasure of Personal Information. To exercise such rights, please contact us and we will promptly respond in accordance with applicable law.
You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information. We encourage you to first reach out to us, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
15. Contact Us.