Missouri offers a variety of license plate designs, letting you support organizations like the Kansas City Chiefs charities, or your affiliation to military service (among other options). Now you can get your very own Kansas City Chiefs specialty plate for a donation of only $35, which goes to the Hunt Family Foundation.
In order to get your very own Kansas City Chiefs License Plate, follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Download and print the application form
- Step 2: Fill out the applicant information (please print clearly)
- Step 3: Mail the completed form to the address listed on the form along with a check or money order payable to the Hunt Family Foundation ($35 for one year, $70 for two years)
- Step 4: Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope
- Step 5: Once your payment has been processed, the Chiefs will send you an official Kansas City Chiefs Emblem Use Authorization Statement along with your Application for Missouri Personal Special License Plate (DOR 1716)
The specialty Kansas City Chiefs license plate is available to Missouri vehicle owners only.
When you receive your signed Kansas City Chiefs Emblem Use Authorization Statement and the Department of Revenue form (DOR 1716), further instructions for completing the process will be included. For more information refer to the Department of Revenue website. You will then have to pay the Department of Revenue a $15 processing fee to get your plate. Your license plate may be picked up at your local license office when it's ready and at that time you will have to pay any other applicable registration fee due to the DOR.
Personalized Plate Configurations
Personalized license plate configurations allow for up to 6 characters to be used on a license plate. For the purpose of these designs, a dash, space, or an apostrophe counts as one character, and only one dash, one space, or one apostrophe is allowed. Below is the maximum number of characters allowed, by type of plate:
- Basic personalized license plate design with no emblem or wheelchair symbol: up to 6 Characters (plus one space, dash, or apostrophe if desired)
- Plates with an emblem or wheelchair symbol: up to 6 characters
- Plates with an emblem and wheelchair symbol: up to 4 Characters
- Motorcycle/motortricycle plates with no emblem or wheelchair symbol: up to 6 Characters
- Motorcycle/motortricycle plates with an emblem: up to 5 Characters
- Motorcycle/motortricycle plates with an emblem and wheelchair symbol: up to 3 Characters
The department of motor vehicles cannot guarantee that your selected configuration is available, nor is it possible to reserve a configuration without applying and paying the appropriate fees.
Please check with your local license office if you have questions about the availability of a particular configuration. No personalized license plates shall be issued containing any letters, numbers, or combination of letters and numbers which are obscene, profane, patently offensive or contemptuous of a racial or ethnic group, offensive to good taste or decency, or would present an unreasonable danger to the health or safety of the applicant, or other users of streets and highways, or of the public in any location where the vehicle with such a license plate may be found. Any license plates that are inadvertently issued may be recalled. The department will not issue license plates that conflict with the regular license numbering system