According to our trusty offseason calendar, this Saturday, March 7, marks the beginning of free agency discussion for teams across the NFL.
Officially, teams are permitted to contact and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents (UFA) upon the expiration of their 2014 contracts at 3:00 p.m. CST on March 10.
However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 3:00 p.m. CST on March 10.
Now that franchise tags have been dealt out, here is whom NFL.com analysts are listing as the top ten potential free agents on the market:
1. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit Lions
53 tackles, 8.5 sacks
2. Devin McCourty, S, New England Patriots
68 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 2 interceptions*3. Julius Thomas, TE, Denver Broncos*
43 receptions, 489 yards receiving (11.4 y/r), 12 touchdowns
4. Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers
91 receptions, 1,287 yards receiving (14.1 y/r), 12 touchdowns
5. DeMarco Murray, RB, Dallas Cowboys
392 carries, 1,845 yards rushing (4.7 y/a), 13 touchdowns
6. Jerry Hughes, DE, Buffalo Bills
53 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 forced fumbles
7. Mike Iupati, G, San Francisco 49ers
15 games started
8. Greg Hardy, DE, Carolina Panthers
4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
9. Byron Maxwell, CB, Seattle Seahawks
39 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 2 interceptions
10. Torrey Smith, WR, Baltimore Ravens
49 receptions, 767 yards receiving (15.7 y/r), 11 touchdowns