Nuts and Bolts of Friday's practice: * *
* This was the 10th and final OTA practice of 2015
* Mandatory minicamp begins next week (Tue-Thu)
* DL Dontari Poe went through warmups, but did not practice
* Jamaal Charles was not at practice as he's in Texas for his charity event this weekend
* DL Vaughn Martin did not practice with an ankle issue
* WR Albert Wilson did not practice as he continues to work through his hamstring issue
* RB Charcandrick West is dealing with a stinger
* Coach Andy Reid addressed the media after practice
A look at OTA's on Friday at The University of Kansas Hospital Training Complex.
Top Plays from Friday's practice * *
There were a number of great plays made by the offense on Friday, and things got started early in 9-on-7 when Alex Smith hit Jeremy Maclin deep down the right sideline for what would have been a touchdown on the very first play. Maclin went vertical and was able to get past cornerback Phillip Gaines and Smith hit him perfectly in stride deep down the field.
A few plays later, Smith hit tight end Travis Kelce on a crossing route that was perfectly placed in a window between three defenders. It was a beautiful connection on a timing pattern that was arguably the best throw of the entire OTA session.
Finally, Chase Daniel hit Junior Hemingway on an over-the-shoulder catch that had Hemingway turning completely around and extending his arms as the ball was placed perfectly over his shoulder.
Clips from Practice * * Here are a few clips of what went on early at practice on Friday:
Hear from Chiefs coach Andy Reid