Sunday, December 28, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. CT on CBS
Parking & Stadium Gate Times
Be sure to arrive early and grab a team poster when you enter the stadium.
7:30a.m. – Parking lot gates open
9:30a.m. – Scout Investments Club Level gates open
10:30a.m. – Stadium gates open
11:00a.m. – First pregame signal will sound indicating one hour until kickoff
Sunday afternoon's game marks the 110th meeting between the Chiefs and Chargers. It will be the second consecutive season that the two teams will match up in Week 17. Last year, in the regular season finale, San Diego defeated Kansas City 27-24 in overtime to clinch a spot in the postseason.
San Diego owns a 55-53-1 (.509) overall advantage in the series and has won seven of the last 10 matchups. Kansas City is 53-54-1 vs. San Diego in regular season play.
The Chiefs are 31-23 vs. the San Diego Chargers at home, including a 23-19 mark at Arrowhead Stadium.
Kansas City and San Diego have met once in the postseason as the Chargers defeated the Chiefs 17-0 on Jan. 2, 1993 at Qualcomm Stadium.
Meet the starting roster for the San Diego Chargers
TV CoverageCBS (KCTV5 Local)
Play-by-Play: Ian Eagle
Color Analyst: Dan Fouts
RadioChiefs Spanish Radio - La Gran D (1340 AM)
Play-by-Play: Enrique Morales
Color: Oscar Monterroso
Sideline: Ricardo Soto
Chiefs FOX Football Radio Network - KCFX (101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play: Mitch Holthus
Color Analyst: Len Dawson
Sideline: Kendall Gammon
Chiefs Postgame Show
KCFX (101.1 FM)
KCFX Hosts: Art Hains, Len Dawson, Dan Israel and Kendall Gammon
Receive score updates with the free Chiefs App.
Visit kcchiefs.com for live play-by-plays, stats and info, plus a game day blog, along with videos and photos.
You can also watch the game on-demand after its conclusion using the NFL's Game Rewind package.
Be sure to follow the Chiefs on Twitter for live game day updates, videos and behind-the-scenes photos.
If you will be joining us at Arrowhead Stadium this weekend, take a look at the activities around the stadium and what to expect once you are in your seats. Sunday is fan appreciation day, which means there are lots of prizes in store for some lucky fans!
Tailgating and Fan Fun
Ford Fan Experience
- It's fun for kids and adults at the Ford Fan Experience! Stop by this interactive area located inside Gate G. The Ford Fan Experience will open at 8:00 a.m. and will remain open until the end of the third quarter.
- This is a great family friendly location with inflatable games, a photo booth, and face painting. Susie and Warpaint, Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf will stop by prior to kickoff.
FCA Faith and Family Chapel
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) has joined the Kansas City Chiefs to offer a non-denominational pregame chapel service for Chiefs fans at Arrowhead Stadium who may miss their normal Sunday worship opportunities due to Chiefs games.
The service will be held inside of the East Pavilion on the south side of Arrowhead Stadium at 9:30a.m. and will be led by Chiefs Chaplain Phillip Kelley, alongside Christian Newsome, Pastor at Journey Church International.
Be on the lookout for these festivities once you're in your seats.
- To kick things off, three American Indian Hall of Fame Board Members and four inducted athletes will be recognized on the field.
- Six new Red Coaters will receive their red coats and be recognized before the game.
- The winner of the 2014 Chiefs Anthem Fan Contest, Keaton Schlatter, will be performing the national anthem, while 50 Chiefs Season Ticket Members hold the Arrowhead Flag on the field.
- To conclude the national anthem, four AH-64 Apache Helicopters will fly over Arrowhead Stadium.
- Leading fans in the drum ceremony this week will be KC Wolf.
- During the game, the Chiefs will honor this week's Hometown Hero, Sergeant Major (Retired) Conley West, US Army.
- Don't forget to buy a 50/50 raffle ticket on Sunday! One lucky fan wins half of the net proceeds raised throughout the game and the other half of the net proceeds are donated to a local charity through the Hunt Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization.
- This week's beneficiary is reStart, which provides housing and supportive services to help homeless men, women, youth and families move toward independence and self-sufficiency.
To purchase raffle tickets, fans may visit 50/50 kiosks near section 106, 124, 202, 227, 318 and 342 or look for 50/50 sellers located throughout the stadium before or during the game. Tickets are sold at the following rates: 1 for $2, 3 for $5, 10 for $10 or 40 for $20.
By redeeming their points, 90 Season Ticket Members will receive a team autographed jersey on the field at halftime.
Be sure to arrive early and take note of the new parking procedures, which can be found at goarrowhead.com/parking.
- An hour before kickoff and again at 15 minutes prior to kickoff fireworks will light the sky and the Tomahawk Chop will be heard throughout the parking lots and the stadium. When you hear these signals, wrap up your tailgate and head inside the stadium as to be sure you will make it to your seats before kickoff!
Be All Clear
- The NFL Bag Policy will remain in effect for the 2014 season. Bags that are permitted in Arrowhead Stadium are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." Official Chiefs branded tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at shop.kcchiefs.com, or a one-gallon clear zip-seal bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
WiFi and Chiefs Mobile App
- Chiefs fans will have access to Wi-Fi inside the stadium under the name "Arrowhead Wi-Fi"
- A fully integrated mobile experience is also available through the Chiefs Mobile App. This app can be downloaded through Apple's App Store or Google Play Market for Android devices. More info here. You can upgrade your seats, listen to the play calls, check out photos and see the status of the 50/50 raffle.
- Sprint is providing mobile device charging stations around Arrowhead for fans to stop by and charge their mobile devices. Check with the nearest Fans First Booth presented by Sprint to find the closest charging station to your s