- The Chiefs offense ran 74 plays in the game, compared to just 52 for the Chargers.
- Six Chiefs offensive players played every snap against the Chargers: QB Alex Smith, LT Eric Fisher, LG Mike McGlynn, C Rodney Hudson, RG Zach Fulton and RT Ryan Harris
- After an injury to receiver Junior Hemingway (20 snaps) midway through the game, Frankie Hammond stepped into his place and had 24 snaps (32 percent).
- Second-year tight end Travis Kelce saw action on 39 snaps (53 percent) of the offensive plays.
- In the Chiefs last game against the San Francisco 49ers, Jamaal Charles saw action on 78 percent of the plays. On Sunday, he was out there for 77 percent of the plays.
- Defensively, the Chiefs had five players play all 52 snaps on defense: safety Husain Abdullah, linebacker Josh Mauga, safety Ron Parker, linebacker Justin Houston and cornerback Sean Smith.
- Jamell Fleming got the start at cornerback in place of Marcus Cooper and played 51 of the 52 snaps.
- Rookie Phillip Gaines saw the most extensive action on defense in his young career on Sunday, playing 34 snaps (65 percent) at the nickelback spot.
- Dee Ford played nine snaps on special teams
Remembering the NFL's First Full-Time Black Scout, Lloyd Wells
Wells was paramount in building a roster that helped the Chiefs win Super Bowl IV
Chiefs CB Steve Nelson Primed for Big Season, Ready to Earn His Respect
The fourth-year cornerback finds himself in a new role this season
Chiefs Have Two Young Players on "Cusp of Elite Status," PFF Says
The football analytics website is singing the praises of a couple of the Chiefs' top young players
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif on Finishing Med School: "It's been a great journey"
The doctor spoke with the media Thursday
What We Learned From the Chiefs' Assistant Coaches on Thursday
Dave Toub, Eric Bieniemy, Bob Sutton, Al Harris and Mike Kafka all spoke with the media Thursday afternoon
Andy Reid on OTAs: "I can't say enough about the energy level"
Here's what we learned from Andy Reid on Thursday
New Chiefs' DT Xavier Williams Can Sense the Energy at Organized Team Activities
Known primarily as a run-stuffing nose tackle, Williams is settling in nicely in Kansas City
The Bud Light Game Day Pass is Back, Offering an Alternative to Traditional Season Tickets
The ticketing option offers fans a seat and a $10 concession credit at every Chiefs' home game for just $20 per game
OL Cam Erving Getting an Opportunity, Says Joining Chiefs Was "Breath of Fresh Air"
The former first-round pick is in his first full offseason with the Chiefs
Social Recap: Memorial Day, Dr. LDT and Reactions to the NBA Playoffs
A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media