Throughout the month of November, which is known as Military Appreciation Month, the Chiefs are celebrating and honoring the brave men and women who have served and those currently serving in our armed forces. This Sunday's game is known as the Salute to Service game and will be dedicated to recognizing our veterans, as well as those currently enlisted.
This week's Salute to Service game is presented by [Central Bank of the Midwest](Central Bank of the Midwest), the official Bank of the Chiefs. Central Bank of the Midwest was formally known as Metcalf Bank. For Sunday's game, they've donated over 150 tickets to military personal.
Below is a list of everything you need to know for game day at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.
Sunday, November 16, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. CT on FOX
The Chiefs are 32-18 all-time against the Seahawks entering Sunday's contest. Since the conference realignment in 2002, the Chiefs are 2-1 against the Seahawks. In all three of those contests, Kansas City has posted 30 points. Kansas City has won six of its last seven games.
Prior to joining the NFC West in 2002, the Seahawks regularly played the Chiefs twice a year in the AFC Western Division. Kansas City is 30-17 all-time in division play against Seattle. Prior to Seattle leaving the AFC West, the Chiefs won 17 of their last 22 division matchups against the Seahawks.
Seattle's last trip to Arrowhead Stadium came on October 29, 2006, in a Kansas City 35-28 victory. Overall, the Chiefs are 20-5 at Arrowhead Stadium against the Seahawks. The Chiefs last played in Seattle on Nov. 28, 2010, defeating Seahawks 42-24.
View the starting roster for the 2014 Seattle Seahawks.
Parking & Stadium Gate Times
7:30a.m. – Parking lot gates open
9:30a.m. – Scout Investments Club Level gates open
10:30a.m. – Stadium gates open
11:00a.m. – First pregame signal will sound indicating one hour until kickoff
Tailgating and Fan Fun
Toys for Tots
- For nearly five decades, the Chiefs organization has hosted its annual Toys for Tots collection, along with members of the Marine Corps. The Chiefs will continue this tradition on Sunday and will again help meet a significant need for local children. The Marines are asking Chiefs fans to donate new and unwrapped toys for boys and girls up to age 13.
Ford Fan Experience
- It's fun for kids and adults at the Ford Fan Experience! Stop by this interactive area located inside Gate G. The Ford Fan Experience will open at 8:00 a.m. and will remain open until the end of the third quarter.
- This is a great family friendly location with inflatable games, a photo booth, and face painting. Susie and Warpaint, Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf will stop by prior to kickoff.
FCA Faith and Family Chapel
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) has joined the Kansas City Chiefs to offer a non-denominational pregame chapel service for Chiefs fans at Arrowhead Stadium who may miss their normal Sunday worship opportunities due to Chiefs games.
The service will be held inside of the East Pavilion on the south side of Arrowhead Stadium at 9:30a.m. and will be led by Chiefs Chaplain Phillip Kelley alongside Dan Meers, also known as KC Wolf.
Be on the lookout for these festivities once you're in your seats.
- To kick things off, 90 service members will be enlisted on the field by Brigadier General Willard Burleson.
- Look for the Frog X parachute team, which is a jump team consisting of retired Golden Knights, Leap Frogs, and Special Forces teams.
- The National Anthem will be performed by the United States Air Force Singing Sergeants. During this time, a field sized American flag will be held by 100 service members and there will be a FLYOVER!
- The Coin Toss Captain this week is Command Sergeant Major Maurice Jackson, the Command Sergeant Major of 1st Infantry Division.
- Don't forget to buy a 50/50 raffle ticket on Sunday! One lucky fan wins half of the net proceeds raised throughout the game and the other half of the net proceeds are donated to a local charity through the Hunt Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization.
- This week's beneficiary is the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial.
- During the game, there are many locations providing hot chocolate or hot coffee to keep you warm. Hot chocolate can be found on the lower concourse at sections 101C, 102 Platform, 102B, 104B, 109C, 111A, 113D, 118C, 121A, 121B, 125C, 129 Bud Light Bar, 134B, 136C. On Club level, you can find these hot beverages at sections 204, 210, 215, 220, 228, 233, 238, 244, the Club Market or visit the Parisi Coffee stand at section 228 (please note that Club Level is only for ticketed guests). On the upper concourse, it will be sold at sections 308A, 310B, 317A, 331, 333B, 340, 301A, 303B, 322, 326, 345B, 421, 423, 425, 427. There will also be vendors throughout the stadium with hot chocolate.
- The Draft Room opens at 9:30a.m. and will close directly after the game.
- Or visit the Chiefs Pro Shop to find cozy items that will keep you warm throughout the game. The Pro Shop is located on the north side of Arrowhead Stadium adjacent to Founder's Plaza.
The halftime entertainment will be performed by the United States Marine Corp Band playing "Kansas City."
Be sure to arrive early and take note of the new parking procedures, which can be found at goarrowhead.com/parking.
- An hour before kickoff and again at 15 minutes prior to kickoff fireworks will light the sky and the Tomahawk Chop will be heard throughout the parking lots and the stadium. When you hear these signals, wrap up your tailgate and head inside the stadium as to be sure you will make it to your seats before kickoff!
Be All Clear
- The NFL Bag Policy will remain in effect for the 2014 season. Bags that are permitted in Arrowhead Stadium are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." Official Chiefs branded tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at shop.kcchiefs.com, or a one-gallon clear zip-seal bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
WiFi and Chiefs Mobile App
- Chiefs fans will have access to Wi-Fi inside the stadium under the name "Arrowhead Wi-Fi"
- A fully integrated mobile experience is also available through the Chiefs Mobile App. This app can be downloaded through Apple's App Store or Google Play Market for Android devices. More info here. You can upgrade your seats, listen to the play calls, check out photos and see the status of the 50/50 raffle.
- Sprint is providing mobile device charging stations around Arrowhead for fans to stop by and charge their mobile devices. Check with the nearest Fans First Booth presented by Sprint to find the closest charging station to your seats.