It's finally that time! Time to kickoff the regular season at Arrowhead Stadium! Below is a list of everything you need to know for game day as the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Dallas Cowboys. We're expecting the largest crowd at Arrowhead Stadium since 2007 so be sure to arrive early.
- An hour before kickoff and again at 25 minutes prior to kickoff fireworks will light the sky and the Tomahawk Chop will be heard throughout the parking lots and the stadium. When you hear these signals, wrap up your tailgate and head inside the stadium as to be sure you will make it to your seats before kickoff!
Be All Clear
As a reminder, the NFL has implemented a new bag policy. Below is an outline of what is permissible to bring into the stadium.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official Chiefs branded tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at shop.kcchiefs.com, or a one-gallon clear zip-seal bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the Tower Gate and Founders Gate as well as gates D and F.
- Bags will be available for purchase at the Chiefs Pro Shop, Sprint Gate and the Hy-Vee Gate.
- For more information visit goarrowhead.com/allclear.
Wi-Fi and Chiefs Mobile App
- Chiefs fans will have access to Wi-Fi inside the stadium under the name "Arrowhead Wi-Fi"
- A fully integrated mobile experience is also available through the Chiefs Mobile App. This app can be downloaded through Apple's App Store or Google Play Market for Android devices.
- Sprint will be providing mobile device charging stations around Arrowhead for fans to stop by and charge their phones.
Parking & Stadium Gate Times
The weather is expected to be cloudy with a high of 81 degrees. Arrive early on Sunday and come ready to cheer on your Chiefs!
See the full list of openings below.
7:30a.m. – Parking lots open
9:30a.m. – Scout Investments Club level gates open
10:30a.m. – Stadium gates open
Tailgating and Fan Fun
There is a lot to do if you happen to wander away from your tailgate. Don't hesitate to check out some of the fun things that are happening around the perimeter of the stadium.
Ford Fan Experience
- It's fun for kids and adults at the Ford Fan Experience! Stop by this interactive area between the Sprint Gate and the Hy-Vee Gate from 8:30a.m. –12:00p.m. to check out the action.* *
- This is a great family friendly location* *with inflatable games, a DJ, a photo booth, and face painting. Susie and Warpaint, Chiefs Cheerleaders, the Chiefs Rumble and KC Wolf will stop by prior to kickoff.
- Hy-Vee will have samples of the new Pillsbury Pancakes within the Ford Fan Experience.
- McDonald's will have a fry truck set up and will be distributing French fry samples in parking lot M.
Chiefs Tailgate Party presented by Bud Light
- This party is located inside the Champions Room of the Pavilion, just South of Arrowhead Stadium and will be going strong from 8:30a.m.-12:00p.m.
- Guests get all kinds of perks including all-you-can-eat catering, ice-cold beverages, and a climate-controlled space to catch the pregame show.
- Chiefs Ambassadors, Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf will be in attendance to meet and greet with fans.
- Interested? Buy your tickets now at PrimeSport.com/Chiefs or at the Pavilion on game day.
Hy-Vee Hot Zone
- Located just inside of the Hy-Vee Gate starting at 9:30a.m. the band, Attic Wolves will perform.
We have a ton of exciting things happening on the field before kickoff. Get to your seats early so you can check it all out.
The National Anthem will be performed by country music artist, Rodney Atkins. During this time an Arrowhead flag will be held by 100 Season Ticket Holders.
The first pass will be from Chiefs Ambassador Ken Kremer and former professional wrestler and star of "MRA Hunting" Shawn Michaels.
Finally, actor, writer and producer David Koechner will lead the sea of red in the war chant as the honorary drum leader.
Below is the list of in-game activities and times.
- 11:00a.m. – All players take the field; Watch for fireworks and participate in the War Chant during the first pregame signal
- 11:37a.m. – Watch for the second pregame signal, fireworks and War Chant, signifying there is 25 minutes to kickoff
- 11:47a.m. – Susie and Warpaint enter the field
- 11:48a.m. – KC Wolf enters (This will surprise you!)
- 11:50a.m. – Chiefs Cheerleaders perform
- 11:55a.m. – Chiefs Player Intro video and Chiefs enter the field(You DO NOT want to miss this entrance!)
- 11:57a.m. – National Anthem performed by Rodney Atkins
- 12:00p.m. – Coin Toss
- 12:01p.m. – Drum Ceremony with David Koechner
- 12:02p.m. – KICKOFF!
Big Macs for Sacks
- If the Chiefs record one or more sacks during the game, Big Macs will be buy one, get one free at all Kansas City and St. Joseph area McDonald's locations on Monday.
Bud Light Good Sport Winner
- Fans who are also designated drivers can register for a chance to be this game's Bud Light Good Sport Winner. You can enter prior to kickoff, in the Ford Fan Experience or inside Arrowhead Stadium through the end of the second quarter at Fans First booths presented by Sprint.
- Winners are selected at random and will receive a Bud Light/Chiefs jacket. The winners will be announced on ArrowVision during the third quarter.
- This game day fundraiser provides fans the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets before and during all Chiefs home games. One lucky fan will go home with half of the net proceeds and the other half of the net proceeds will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities this week.
- Chiefs Cheerleaders will be selling the 2014 Chiefs Cheerleader Calendar and signing autographs throughout the stadium during the game.
- First quarter in section 108; Second quarter in section 126; Third quarter in section 117 and 108; Fourth quarter at the Chiefs Pro Shop in the Hall of Honor in section 119 and the Chiefs Team Store in section 101.