There is A LOT happening at Arrowhead Stadium this week. It is the Breast Cancer Awareness game as well as a chance to make it into the record books. A group of Chiefs fan are encouraging everyone at Sunday's game to be loud and proud in order to break the Guinness World Record for Loudest Crowd Roar at a Sports Stadium (Outdoors). There will also be an unbelievable flyover following the National Anthem.
Below is a list of everything you need to know for game day as the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Oakland Raiders.
- An hour before kickoff and again at 25 minutes prior to kickoff fireworks will light the sky and the Tomahawk Chop will be heard throughout the parking lots and the stadium. When you hear these signals, join in on the war chant, wrap up your tailgate and head inside the stadium as to be sure you will make it to your seats before kickoff!
Be All Clear
As a reminder, the NFL has implemented a new bag policy. Below is an outline of what is permissible to bring into the stadium.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official Chiefs branded tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at shop.kcchiefs.com, or a one-gallon clear zip-seal bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- For more information visit goarrowhead.com/allclear
WiFi and Chiefs Mobile App
- Chiefs fans will have access to Wi-Fi inside the stadium under the name "Arrowhead Wi-Fi"
- A fully integrated mobile experience is also available through the Chiefs Mobile App. This app can be downloaded through Apple's App Store or Google Play Market for Android devices. More info here.
- Sprint is providing mobile device charging stations around Arrowhead for fans to stop by and charge their mobile devices.
Parking & Stadium Gate Times
Arrive early, as it is expected to be a beautiful sunny Sunday with a high of 68 degrees.
7:30a.m. – Parking lot gates open
9:30a.m. – Scout Investments Club level gates open
10:30a.m. – Stadium gates open
Tailgating and Fan Fun
There is a lot to do if you happen to wander away from your tailgate. Don't hesitate to check out some of the fun things that are happening around the perimeter of the stadium.
Guinness World Record Pep Rally
- A group of Chiefs fans advocating for the Guinness World Record will be hosting a pep rally in lot M beginning around 9:00a.m.
- From 8:00a.m.-12:00p.m. kick a field goal through uprights made entirely out of recycled Bud Light cans, surrounded by Bud Light branded turf and interactive recycling displays.
- A Bud Light Collection Trailer will be roaming Lots F and G during the pre-game to hand out trash bags and collect recyclable materials.
Hy-Vee Hot Zone
- Located just inside of the Hy-Vee Gate starting at 9:30a.m. the band, County Road 5, will perform.
- Hy-Vee will have pre-packaged samples of Ice Breaker Mints within the Hy-Vee Hot Zone.
- McDonald's will have a fry truck set up and will be distributing French fry samples in parking lot M.
Chiefs Tailgate Party presented by Bud Light
- This party is located inside the Champions Room of the Pavilion, just south of Arrowhead Stadium and will be going strong from 8:30a.m.-12:00p.m.
- Enjoy all-you-can-eat catering, ice-cold beverages, and a climate-controlled space to catch the pregame show.
- Chiefs Ambassadors, Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf will be in attendance to meet and greet with fans.
- Interested? Buy your tickets now at PrimeSport.com/Chiefs or at the Pavilion on game day.
Sports Radio 810 WHB
- Located near the Ford Fan Experience arch at the Sprint Gate.
- 810 will be giving away koozies and beads before the game.
Ford Fan Experience
- From 8:00a.m. –12:00p.m. stop by this interactive area between the Sprint Gate and the Hy-Vee Gate.
- This is a great family friendly location* *with inflatable games, a DJ, a photo booth, Ford vehicles on display and face painting. Susie and Warpaint, Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf will stop by prior to kickoff.
Be on the lookout for these festivities once you're in your seats.
The National Anthem will be performed by contemporary Christian artist Matthew West and during this time an Arrowhead flag will be held by 50 breast cancer survivors, followed by an incredible flyover.
The first pass will be from Chiefs Ambassador Duane Clemons and breast cancer survivor Tonie McKinney. Finally, two surgeons from The University of Kansas Hospital and breast cancer survivor Deliece Hofen will lead the sea of red in the war chant in as the honorary drum leader.
Below is the list of in-game activities and times.
- 11:00a.m. – All players take the field; Watch for fireworks and participate in the War Chant during the first pregame signal
- 11:37a.m. – Watch for the second pregame signal, fireworks and War Chant, signifying there is 25 minutes to kickoff
- 11:47a.m. – Susie and Warpaint enter the field
- 11:48a.m. – KC Wolf enters
- 11:50a.m. – Chiefs Cheerleaders perform
- 11:55a.m. – Chiefs Player Intro video and Chiefs enter the field
- 11:57a.m. – National Anthem performed by Matthew West
- 12:00p.m. – Coin Toss with Coca-Cola Coin Toss Captains Kareem Mohumd-Sanders and breast cancer survivor Jennifer Parsons
- 12:01p.m. – Drum Ceremony
- 12:02p.m. – GAME TIME!
Big Mac for Sacks
- If the Chiefs record one or more sacks during the game, Big Macs will be buy one, get one free at all Kansas City and St. Joseph area McDonald's locations on Monday.
Bud Light Good Sport Winner
- Fans who are also designated drivers can register for a chance to be this game's Bud Light Good Sport Winner. You can enter prior to kickoff, in the Ford Fan Experience or inside Arrowhead Stadium in the Chiefs Hall of Honor presented by Time Warner Cable from 10:30a.m. until halftime.
- Winners are selected at random and will receive a Bud Light/Chiefs jacket. The winners will be announced on ArrowVision during the third quarter.
- This game day fundraiser provides fans the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets before and during all Chiefs home games. One lucky fan will go home with half of the net proceeds and the other half of the net proceeds will be donated to The University of Kansas Cancer Center – Breast Surgery Center this week.
- Chiefs Cheerleaders will be selling the 2014 Chiefs Cheerleader Calendar and signing autographs throughout the stadium during the game.
- First quarter in section 317 and later 307; Second quarter in section 126; Third quarter in section 117 and 108; Fourth quarter at the Chiefs Pro Shop in the Chiefs Hall of Honor presented by Time Warner Cable in section 119 and the Chiefs Team Store in section 101.