The game on Sunday against the Houston Texans was rescheduled from a 12:00p.m. kickoff to 3:25p.m. Parking lot gates will be opening later than normal so, check below for a detailed list of gate times and everything you need to know for Sunday's game at Arrowhead.
But, before you leave the house, set your DVR for Hy-Vee Chiefs Insider on KCTV5 at 9:30a.m. in the Kansas City area. Find out when it is playing in your area here.
- An hour before kickoff and again at 25 minutes prior to kickoff fireworks will light the sky and the Tomahawk Chop will be heard throughout the parking lots and the stadium. When you hear these signals, join in on the war chant, wrap up your tailgate and head inside the stadium as to be sure you will make it to your seats before kickoff!
Be All Clear
As a reminder, the NFL has implemented a new bag policy. Below is an outline of what is permissible to bring into the stadium. For more information, visit goarrowhead.com/allclear.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." Official Chiefs branded tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at shop.kcchiefs.com, or a one-gallon clear zip-seal bag.
- Small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
WiFi and Chiefs Mobile App
- Chiefs fans will have access to Wi-Fi inside the stadium under the name "Arrowhead Wi-Fi"
- A fully integrated mobile experience is also available through the Chiefs Mobile App. This app can be downloaded through Apple's App Store or Google Play Market for Android devices. More info here.
- Sprint is providing mobile device charging stations around Arrowhead for fans to stop by and charge their mobile devices. Check with the nearest Fans First Booth presented by Sprint to find the closest charging station to your seats.
Parking & Stadium Gate Times
It is expected to be mostly cloudy on Sunday with a high of 72 degrees.
10:00a.m. – Parking lot gates open
12:30p.m. – Scout Investments Club level gates open
1:30p.m. – Stadium gates open
Tailgating and Fan Fun
There is a lot to do if you happen to wander away from your tailgate. Don't hesitate to check out some of the fun things that are happening around the perimeter of the stadium.
Ford Fan Experience
- From 11:00a.m. - 3:25p.m., stop by this interactive area between the Sprint Gate and the Hy-Vee Gate for a great family friendly atmosphere.
- Inflatable games, a DJ, a photo booth, Ford vehicles on display and face painting. Susie and Warpaint, Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf will stop by prior to kickoff.
Bud Light Recycling Zone
- Kick a field goal through uprights made entirely out of recycled Bud Light cans, surrounded by Bud Light branded turf and interactive recycling displays.
- A Bud Light Collection Trailer will be roaming Lots F and G during the pre-game to hand out trash bags and collect recyclable materials.
- Hy-Vee will have pre-packaged samples of Mini Alt Bars within the Hy-Vee Hot Zone.
- McDonald's will have a truck set up and will be distributing Mighty Wing samples in parking lot M.
Chiefs Tailgate Party presented by Bud Light
- This party is located inside the Champions Room of the Pavilion, just south of Arrowhead Stadium and will be going strong from 12:00p.m. – 3:25p.m.
- Enjoy all-you-can-eat catering, ice-cold beverages, and a climate-controlled space to catch the pregame show.
- Chiefs Ambassadors, Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf will be in attendance to meet and greet with fans.
- Interested? Buy your tickets now at PrimeSport.com/Chiefs or at the Pavilion on game day.
Hy-Vee Hot Zone
- Located just inside of the Hy-Vee Gate the band, Green River Kings, will perform.
Sports Radio 810 WHB
- Located near the Ford Fan Experience arch at the Sprint Gate.
- 810 will be giving away koozies and beads before the game.
Be on the lookout for these festivities once you're in your seats.
The 2013 winner of The Voice, Danielle Bradbery (below with Blake Shelton), will perform the National Anthem and during this time an Arrowhead flag will be held by 100 Chiefs Season Ticket Holders.
The first pass will be from Chiefs Ambassador Mike Maslowski and the 2013 National Punt Pass and Kick winner, Hayden Kurtz. Finally, Rescue Division Chief for the Kansas City Fire Department, as well as the 2013 MARC Leadership Awardee, Todd Ackerson will lead the sea of red in the war chant in as the honorary drum leader.
Below is the list of in-game activities and times.
- 2:25p.m. – All players take the field; Watch for fireworks and participate in the War Chant during the first pregame signal
- 3:00p.m. – Watch for the second pregame signal, fireworks and War Chant, signifying there is 25 minutes to kickoff
- 3:09p.m. – Susie and Warpaint enter the field
- 3:10p.m. – KC Wolf enters
- 3:11p.m. – Chiefs Cheerleaders perform
- 3:16p.m. – Chiefs Player Intro video and Chiefs enter the field
- 3:18p.m. – National Anthem
- 3:23p.m. – Coin Toss
- 3:24p.m. – Drum Ceremony
- 3:25p.m. – KICKOFF!
Chiefs Pink Seat Honoree
- At each game during the month of October, the Chiefs will celebrate one honoree that is a breast cancer survivor, caregiver or has furthered the cause of breast cancer awareness.
- This week, the Pink Seat Honoree is Stephanie Reynolds. Read her story here.
Pink Silent Auction
- Beginning at kickoff through the third quarter, the Chiefs will be hosting a silent auction for fans to bid on game-worn pink items as well as other autographed pink memorabilia. This will be held in the Chiefs Hall of Honor presented by Time Warner Cable and in the North Club on the Scout Investments Club Level.
Bud Light Good Sport Winner
- Fans who are also designated drivers can register for a chance to be this game's Bud Light Good Sport Winner. You can enter prior to kickoff, in the Ford Fan Experience or inside Arrowhead Stadium in the Chiefs Hall of Honor presented by Time Warner Cable from 10:30a.m. until halftime.
- Winners are selected at random and will receive a Bud Light/Chiefs jacket. The winners will be announced on ArrowVision during the third quarter.
- Chiefs Cheerleaders will be selling the 2014 Chiefs Cheerleader Calendar and signing autographs throughout the stadium during the game.
- First quarter in section 307 and later 317; Second quarter in section 108; Third quarter in section 126 and 117; Fourth quarter at the Chiefs Pro Shop in the Chiefs Hall of Honor presented by Time Warner Cable in section 119 and the Chiefs Team Store in section 101.
Big Mac for Sacks
- If the Chiefs record one or more sacks during the game, Big Macs will be buy one, get one free at all Kansas City and St. Joseph area McDonald's locations on Monday.
- This game day fundraiser provides fans the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets before and during all Chiefs home games. One lucky fan will go home with half of the net proceeds and the other half of the net proceeds will be donated to the Rose Brooks Center.
To get you ready for the game, check out the three main focus points for this week's matchup against the Houston Texans.