Kansas City Chiefs Official Team Website | Chiefs.com

Halftime Recap: Chiefs Lead Titans, 17-7

Tyreek Hill had another touchdown for the Chiefs

Tyreek Hill is at it again at Arrowhead Stadium.

On the Chiefs' second offensive play of the game, Hill ran the ball 68 yards to give the Chiefs a 7-0 lead, and at the half, they lead the Tennessee Titans, 17-7.

The kickoff temperature was 1 degree Fahrenheit, making this the coldest regular-season game at Arrowhead Stadium since 1994.

The Titans started with the football, and after their drive stalled, they punted away to Hill. Hill muffed the punt, but was able to recover at the KC 26-yard line.

Running back Spencer Ware ran for 6 yards on first down, and on second-and-4, the Chiefs handed it off to Hill out of a shotgun set. The Titans' defensive look gave Hill some open field, and he ran the ball 68 yards for the touchdown.

On the Titans' next drive, quarterback Marcus Mariota hit wide receiver Rishard Matthews deep down the field for what would have been a 35-yard gain, but safety Eric Berry punched the ball out at the 5-yard line. S Daniel Sorensen recovered the football and returned it all the way to the Kansas City 47-yard line.

The biggest gain of the drive came on its first play, a deep 44-yard ball to WR Jeremy Maclin down the right sideline to bring the Chiefs to the Tennessee 9. Facing third-and-goal at the Tennessee 10-yard line, QB Alex Smith opted to scramble, and he rushed it in for a 10-yard touchdown.

The Chiefs led 14-0 after one quarter of play.

The Titans finally got their offense going at the beginning of the second quarter, when Mariota handed it off to DeMarco Murray, who flicked it right back to Mariota. Mariota found Matthews streaking down the field, and Matthews fought off Berry to make a 46-yard catch. Titans rookie RB Derrick Henry ran it in for a 4-yard touchdown a couple plays later, cutting the Chiefs' lead to 14-7.

Later in the quarter, Mariota and the Titans offense were facing third-and-6 at the Tennessee 36. Defensive tackle Dontari Poe broke through the line for a strip-sack, and linebacker Ramik Wilson recovered the football, giving the Chiefs good starting field position at the Tennessee 40.

The Chiefs got the ball all the way to the Tennessee goal line, but Ware was stopped on third and fourth down.

The Chiefs held the Titans to three-and-out on the ensuing possession, and Cairo Santos kicked a 34-yard field goal to give the Chiefs a 17-7 lead at the half.

Berry leads the Chiefs in tackles with six (five solo). Both Berry and Poe forced fumbles. Maclin has 4 catches for 61 yards.

The Chiefs will begin the third quarter by receiving the football.

Photos from the Chiefs Week 15 matchup against the Titans

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content