Following the bye week, the undefeated Chiefs take on AFC West foes, the 8-1 Broncos in Week 11's primetime showdown. Many are calling this 'the game of the year,' which is now scheduled for Sunday Night Football at 7:30 p.m. CT.
In the past, Head Coach Andy Reid's teams have found much success coming off a bye week. Reid owns a 13-1 all-time record following the bye week and Kansas City holds a 56-50 (.528) all-time advantage over Denver in the 106 previous meetings between the two clubs.
- The Chiefs rank first in the NFL in total points allowed, giving up just 12.3 points per game (111 total points) through Week 10.
- Kansas City is first in the NFL with 23 takeaways.
- The Chiefs defense has recorded 12 interceptions through Week 10 to tie for fifth in the NFL. Kansas City's 294 interception return yards rank first in the AFC and second in the NFL.
- With an 89-yard punt return for a touchdown vs. the N.Y. Giants (9/29/13), WR Dexter McCluster now owns two of the four longest punt returns in franchise history, including a 94-yard return for a touchdown vs. San Diego (9/13/10).
- Kansas City ranks first in the AFC and second in the NFL holding opponents to a 67.8 passer rating through the first 10 weeks of the season.
- Of quarterbacks with a minimum of 200 attempts this season, Alex Smith is tied for the fewest interceptions thrown with four. He also leads the league with an interception percentage of 1.3%.
- The Chiefs defense has recorded 59 negative plays that have caused opponents to lose 301 yards. The team's 301 negative play yards on defense if tied for fourth in the NFL.
- Chiefs and Broncos connections: Denver Broncos Interim Head Coach Jack Del Rio played linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs for two seasons (1987-88); Chiefs P Dustin Colquitt and Denver P Britton Colquitt are brothers, coming from a family of NFL punters including their father, Craig Colquitt and uncle, Jimmy Colquitt; Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson (2001-04) and Denver CB Quentin Jammer (1998-2001) were college teammates at Texas.
Records to Watch
- RB Jamaal Charles has 6,932 career scrimmage yards to rank fifth in team history. He needs 453 scrimmage yards to pass RB Larry Johnson (7,384) for fourth.
- Charles also owns 199 career receptions, the fourth-highest total for a running back in team history. He needs 53 catches to pass Priest Holmes (251) for third.
- LB Tamba Hali has 71.5 career sacks, the fourth-highest total in team history. He needs 2.0 more to pass DE Art Still (73.0) for third.
- K Ryan Succop has 476 career points to rank fourth in team history. He became only the sixth player in team history with at least 400 points. He needs to score 25 more points to pass RB Priest Holmes (500) for third and become the fourth Chiefs player to record 500 points.
- LB Derrick Johnson has three career INT returns for TDs, tying for the fifth-most in team history. He needs one more to tie S Lloyd Burruss (4) for fourth.
- LB Justin Houston has 26.5 sacks in three seasons to rank 11th in club history for most sacks. He needs 1.5 more sacks to pass John Browning (27.5) for a place in the top 10 in team history.
On this Day
On this day in 1997, Mario Lemieux was voted into the NHL Hall of Fame and in 2001, "Toys "R" Us Times Square - The Center of the Toy Universe" opened in New York City. On November 17, 2006, Sony's PlayStation 3 went on sale in the United States.
Also on this day, Reid Perry, from The Band Perry, celebrates his 25th birthday, along with Danny DeVito (69) and Rachel McAdams (35).