The Chiefs have defeated 29 of the 31 current NFL teams at Arrowhead Stadium. The only two teams the Chiefs have not defeated on their home turf are the Baltimore Ravens and the Houston Texans. This week will be another tough matchup where the Chiefs hope to continue the momentum and get one game closer to defeating all 31 teams at home.
Houston announced on Thursday that QB Matt Schaub will not be playing in this week's matchup, but instead QB Case Keenum will be the starter. This will be his first appearance in a regular-season game.
On the Chiefs injury front, Kendrick Lewis (ankle) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game. For a full injury report click here.
- Kansas City is 2-3 all-time against the Texans, however the Chiefs have outscored the Texans 142-110 in the team's five matchups.
- Turnover differential. The Chiefs rank first in the NFL with a plus-12 turnover differential whereas the Texans currently sit at minus-12, ranking 31st.
- The Chiefs rank first in the AFC and NFL holding opponents to a 59.8 passer rating through the first six weeks of the season.
- Kansas City allowed just 41 points through the first four games of 2013, marking the fewest points allowed in the first four games of any season in franchise history.
- With Kansas City and Denver leading the AFC West at 6-0, this is only the second time since the divisional structure was implement in 1933 that two teams in the same division started 6-0. Since 1990, 27 of 29 teams to start 6-0 have made the playoffs.
- The Chiefs defense has recorded 10 interceptions through Week 6 to tie for first in the AFC and the NFL. Kansas City's 193 interception return yards rank first in the AFC and third in the NFL.
- Kansas City is tied for first in the NFL with three interception returns for touchdowns.
- The Chiefs are first in the AFC and tied for first in the NFL with 18 takeaways.
- Chiefs and Texans connections: Houston G Wade Smith played for the Chiefs from 2008-09; Kansas City S Dunta Robinson spent six seasons as a Texan, from 2004-09; Houston Defensive Coordinator Wade Philips spent the 1975 season as a defensive line coach at University of Kansas; Texans LB Justin Tuggle played collegiately at Kansas State.
Records to Watch
- LB Justin Houston has 25.0 sacks in three seasons to rank 11th in club history for most sacks. He needs 3.0 more sacks to pass John Browning (27.5) for a place in the top 10 in team history.
- RB Jamaal Charles owns 185 career receptions, the sixth-highest total for a running back in team history. He needs two more receptions to pass Todd McNair (186) for fifth in franchise history and 15 catches to pass Abner Haynes (199) for fourth.
On this Day
On this day in 1864, President Lincoln formally established Thanksgiving as a national holiday and in 1965 on this day, the Beatles received a gold record for "Yesterday." Also, on this day, in 2004, the Boston Red Sox came back from 0-3 to defeat the New York Yankees 4-3 to win baseball's American League.
Also on Sunday, Snoop Dogg (42) celebrates his birthday, along with Viggo Mortensen (55), Tom Petty (63) and John Krasinski (34).