1. Inside Slant: Right or wrong, NFL nears finish line of PAT debate
By Kevin Seifert - ESPN
"You think the NFL spent an incredible amount of time determining if footballs were underinflated for the AFC Championship Game? Know this: It has taken many multiples of that time frame to debate the future of the extra point, a play that has been nearly automatic for more than a decade.
Provided they aren't sidetracked by Deflategate turmoil, NFL owners appear likely this week to tweak the long-standing practice of kicking an extra point from the 2-yard line after touchdowns. Three proposals will be presented at their spring meetings in San Francisco, and the most likely to pass -- given its recent endorsement by the competition committee -- is one that would push the kick out to the 15-yard line and leave the two-point conversion at the 2-yard line. It also would make the play "live," meaning the defense could return a blocked kick or a turnover on a two-point play for one or two points, respectively." READ MORE…
Chiefs Rookie Minicamp Day Three Photos
Players were outside on the field for day three of the Rookie Mini Camp.
2. James O'Shaughnessy willing to go all-in special teams
By Adam Teicher - ESPN
"O'Shaughnessy, who is participating in the Chiefs' three-day rookie camp that concludes on Monday, showed in college at Illinois State that he's willing to do whatever it takes. With his team kicking off and trying to protect a four-point lead in the FCS championship game against North Dakota State, O'Shaughnessy got a concussion when he led with his head in bringing down the return specialist." READ MORE…
3. Andy Reid: Chiefs may go to camp with three healthy quarterbacks
By Adam Teicher - ESPN
"Five takeaways from the Kansas City Chiefs' final practice of rookie minicamp:
- The Chiefs had four quarterbacks participating, all on a tryout basis: Bo Wallace of Ole Miss, Michael Strauss of Richmond, Cody Sokol of Louisiana Tech and Chris Bonner of Colorado State-Pueblo. One would seem to be a prime candidate to receive a contract from the Chiefs and therefore an invitation to full-squad offseason practice that begins next week and training camp afterward. The Chiefs have three healthy quarterbacks under contract: starter Alex Smith and backups Chase Daniel and Aaron Murray. Tyler Bray is rehabbing from a torn ACL and the resulting surgery. But coach Andy Reid said the Chiefs could go through offseason work and training camp with just three QBs. "Until I came here, I had done that for the last few years,'' Reid said, referring to his final seasons coaching the Philadelphia Eagles." READ MORE…
4. Chiefs WR Appreciates Life, Football More after Battle with Cancer
By BJ Kissel - KCChiefs.com
"As a senior in 2009, Cook caught 29 passes for 597 yards and two touchdowns from an offense centered around the wishbone. He also intercepted eight passes at cornerback, which led to him being named to the All-State team by the S.C. High School Sports Report.
That same year, the Red Devils finished with a 12-3 record and won the Class 3A State Football Championship.
If that wasn't impressive enough in itself, it's what happened three years prior that puts this championship into greater perspective.
"I woke up one morning and my neck was swollen," Cook explained of a summer morning in 2007, right before his sophomore season. "After that, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma." Just like that—everything had changed." READ MORE…
5. Chiefs wrap up three-day look at rookies in minicamp
By Associated Press - Fox Sports Kansas City
"Mitch Morse would have been hard-pressed to find a better opportunity.
Start with the fact that the rookie offensive lineman was drafted by the Chiefs, just down the road from where he played in college at Missouri. Throw in the fact that he was picked well before most experts anticipated -- and what that meant for his first contract." READ MORE…
Tweet of the Day
Chiefs Daily Podcast
Remembering the NFL's First Full-Time Black Scout, Lloyd Wells
Wells was paramount in building a roster that helped the Chiefs win Super Bowl IV
Chiefs CB Steve Nelson Primed for Big Season, Ready to Earn His Respect
The fourth-year cornerback finds himself in a new role this season
Chiefs Have Two Young Players on "Cusp of Elite Status," PFF Says
The football analytics website is singing the praises of a couple of the Chiefs' top young players
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif on Finishing Med School: "It's been a great journey"
The doctor spoke with the media Thursday
What We Learned From the Chiefs' Assistant Coaches on Thursday
Dave Toub, Eric Bieniemy, Bob Sutton, Al Harris and Mike Kafka all spoke with the media Thursday afternoon
Andy Reid on OTAs: "I can't say enough about the energy level"
Here's what we learned from Andy Reid on Thursday
New Chiefs' DT Xavier Williams Can Sense the Energy at Organized Team Activities
Known primarily as a run-stuffing nose tackle, Williams is settling in nicely in Kansas City
The Bud Light Game Day Pass is Back, Offering an Alternative to Traditional Season Tickets
The ticketing option offers fans a seat and a $10 concession credit at every Chiefs' home game for just $20 per game
OL Cam Erving Getting an Opportunity, Says Joining Chiefs Was "Breath of Fresh Air"
The former first-round pick is in his first full offseason with the Chiefs
Social Recap: Memorial Day, Dr. LDT and Reactions to the NBA Playoffs
A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media