The Kansas City Chiefs selected six players in the 2019 NFL Draft over the weekend, and while each brings a different set of skills to the roster headed into next season, one common theme tied them all together: they’re excited to be here.
Here’s how the newest Chiefs reacted to the news on social media.
1. Wide receiver Mecole Hardman was the Chiefs’ first pick of the weekend.
The University of Georgia speedster is ready to get started.
Here’s what he had to say immediately following the pick with our very own BJ Kissel.
2. Next off the board was defensive back Juan Thornhill, who Kansas City selected with the No. 63 overall pick.
Before the Chiefs picked up Thornhill, he made this proclamation to every team in the league.
Kansas City was that one team, and Thornhill seemed pretty pumped about it.
Kissel caught up with Thornhill right after the pick.
3. The Chiefs picked up Missouri native and Western Illinois product Khalen Saunders in the third round.
Saunders, who grew up just a few hours away in St. Louis, joined Hardman and Thornhill at Draft Fest on Saturday.
And, based off this interview, I think we’re going to like this guy.
4. Kansas City selected cornerback Rashad Fenton out of South Carolina with their next pick.
Sometimes a few words can say quite a bit.
5. Former Utah State tailback Darwin Thompson heard his name called just a few picks later.
Thompson – who posted a monster season for the Aggies in 2018 – is ready to get started.
6. Finally, while seventh-round pick Nick Allegretti stuck to retweeting the news following his selection, this post by former NFL and current Illinois’ head coach Lovie Smith says it all.