To provide fans the opportunity to celebrate the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl LVII victory, the team has announced the Chiefs Champions Tour, a mobile brand experience that brings the Chiefs to communities around the club's six-state "home" region. This marks the first time in franchise history that the Chiefs have hosted a tour that invites members of Chiefs Kingdom to celebrate one of the club's Super Bowl victories.
"We are thrilled to announce our Chiefs Champions Tour this summer," Chiefs President Mark Donovan said. "With a global pandemic in 2020, we were not able to celebrate properly with Chiefs Kingdom after our Super Bowl LIV victory, so this tour has been something we have been looking forward to for the past couple of years. We are proud of the team here that helped put together this summer-long trip that invites the Kingdom to celebrate with us."
Tour stops are offered in multiple formats, with the club's Super Bowl LVII Lombardi Trophy being the main attraction at every event. In addition to the trophy, tour stops could include additional assets, such as the "Kingdom Cruiser" bus, appearances by Chiefs Cheerleaders, the Rumble drumline, as well as KC Wolf and more.
The Chiefs Champions Tour unofficially started with trips to the White House on Monday, June 5 and Chiefs Night at Kauffman Stadium with the Kansas City Royals on Monday, June 12. Now the Lombardi Trophy will begin its official victory lap in the Midwest as part of the Chiefs Champions Tour with its first stop in Omaha, Nebraska, home of the NCAA College World Series. Please see the list below of cities that are already confirmed for Chiefs Champions Tour stops with the Lombardi Trophy:
- Saturday, June 24 – Omaha Baseball Village at The Old Mattress Factory, Omaha, Neb.
- Tuesday-Wednesday, June 27-28 – Missouri State House, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Saturday, July 1 – Scheels Grand Opening Celebration, Wichita, Kan.
- Sunday, July 16 – Helzberg Diamonds, Leawood, Kan.
- Monday, July 17 – Kansas State House, Topeka, Kan.
- Sunday, July 23 – Hy-Vee INDYCAR Race Weekend at Iowa Speedway, Newton, Iowa
- Saturday, July 29 – Back Together Weekend at Chiefs Training Camp, St. Joseph, Mo.
- Saturday, August 12 – Lenexa Farmers Market, Lenexa, Kan.
- Friday, August 11- Birthplace of Route 66 Festival, Springfield, MO
- Saturday, August 19 – Downtown Des Moines Farmers Market, Des Moines, Iowa
- Friday, September 1 – First Fridays with the Chiefs, Kansas City, Mo.
Additional stops will be added as they are confirmed. Please check www.chiefs.com/championstour regularly to find official times at each event and to see additional Chiefs Champions Tour stops as they get added.
There are multiple Chiefs Champions Tour packages available, and businesses, special events planners and community leaders are invited to secure their own stop on the Chiefs Champions Tour this summer. Please contact ChampionsTour@chiefs.com to book your spot on the Chiefs Champions Tour.