- Quarterback enters his seventh season with the Chiefs in 2023 and his sixth-year as the starter (2018-23).
- Mahomes is the youngest player ever to win both a league MVP and a Super Bowl title.
- He is the first player in the 21st century to win both the league MVP and the Super Bowl MVP in the same season (2022).
- Originally entered the NFL as a first-round pick (10th overall) by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- The Chiefs traded the No. 27 overall pick, a third-round pick and their 2018 first-round selection to the Buffalo Bills in order to move up to the 10th spot to select Mahomes.
- Mahomes tops the franchise's career passing charts in multiple categories, ranking first in passer rating (105.7), completion percentage (66.3%), 300-yard passing games (41), 100.0 passer rating games (47), yards-per-attempt average (8.10), 25-yard completions (207), passing yards in a single-season (5,250 in 2022) and rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (12). He also finds himself in the top five for attempts (2,993), completions (1,985), yards (24,241) and touchdowns (192).
- He currently holds the highest passer rating in NFL history amongst people with 1,500 passing attempts (105.7).
- Owns 83 career touchdown passes at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium, passing QB Trent Green (62) for the most career touchdown passes in the stadium's history.
- With 5,250 passing yards in 2022, Mahomes recorded his fifth-consecutive season (2018-22) with 4,000 or more passing yards. He joins PFHOF QB Peyton Manning as the only two players to have five such seasons in their first six years in the league.
- Mahomes has thrown for 4,500+ yards and 35+ touchdowns in four of his first six seasons in the league (2018, 2020, 2021, 2022). He is one of eight players in NFL history to have multiple seasons throwing for 4,500+ yards and 35+ touchdowns and one of just four quarterbacks in NFL history to have at least four such seasons, joining Tom Brady (5), Drew Brees (4) and PFHOF QB Peyton Manning (4).
- Starting his 75th game against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 13 of 2022 (12/4/22), Mahomes holds the record for most touchdown passes (181), passing yards (22,799) and wins (59) in any NFL quarterback's first 75 games.
- Mahomes was already the fastest quarterback in NFL history to reach 15,000 career passing yards, but he officially became the fastest one to reach 20,000 career passing yards, doing so in 67 games. His 67 games outpaced QB Matthew Stafford's 71 games.
- Between Mahomes and TE Travis Kelce, the pair has 46 touchdown connections. Their 46 touchdown connections is tied with PFHOF QB Len Dawson and former WR Otis Taylor for most QB-pass catcher connections in Chiefs history.
- After being named the NFL MVP for the 2018 season as voted on by the Associated Press, he became the youngest recipient of the award since PFHOF QB Dan Marino in 1984.
- Mahomes threw a touchdown pass in 31 straight regular season games between the 2019 and 2021 seasons, establishing a new franchise record and ranking as the ninth-longest streak in NFL history (regular season only). He also owns a streak of 14 consecutive regular season games spanning from 2018 to 2019 with at least two touchdown passes, the second-longest streak in NFL history behind only PFHOF QB Peyton Manning's streak of 15 such games.
- Owns 41 career 300-yard games, marking the most 300-yard games in franchise history and the most in the NFL since 2017. Twenty-six of those performances came in his first four seasons (2017-20), tying PFHOF QB Kurt Warner (26) for the most games of at least 300 passing yards in a player's first four seasons in league annals.
- Recorded 1,831 passing yards with no interceptions in the first five games of the 2019 season, passing PFHOF Peyton Manning (1,744 passing yards in 2013) for the most passing yards without an interception to begin a season in NFL history.
- Threw for 278 yards in the second quarter in Week 2 at Oakland (9/15/19), the second-most passing yards in any single quarter in a game in NFL history, trailing only New Orleans QB Drew Brees who threw for 294 yards in the fourth quarter at Atlanta on Nov. 9, 2008.
- During the 2018 season, became just the second quarterback (Peyton Manning in 2013) in NFL history to throw for 50 touchdowns and 5,000 passing yards in a single-season.
- In his first season as the full-time starter in 2018, he broke the Chiefs single-season passing touchdown record by Week 10, passing Len Dawson (30) with 31 touchdown passes. Went on to finish the 2018 season with 50 touchdown passes, tied for the second-most in a single season in NFL history with QB Tom Brady (50 in 2007).
- Has recorded six touchdown passes in a game twice in his career against the Steelers (9/16/18) and the Rams (11/19/20), tying Chiefs and PFHOF QB Len Dawson for most touchdown passes in one game in team history. Mahomes is one of nine quarterbacks in league history to record multiple six-touchdown games.
- Threw 29 touchdown passes in his first 10 career NFL games, more TD throws than any QB in NFL history in their first 10 games.
- First quarterback in Chiefs history to throw for 300+ yards in eight consecutive games in a single season (2018). His streak is tied for second-most consecutive games with 300+ yards.
- Made his NFL debut and first start during the Chiefs 2017 regular season finale at the Denver Broncos (12/31/17) and completing 22-of-35 passes (62.9%) for 284 yards. His 284 passing yards in the game are the second-most by a rookie passer in a single-game in franchise history.
Postseason Career Highlights:
- Has started 14 career postseason games for the Chiefs, carrying an 11-3 record. His 14 starts and 78.6 winning percentage are the top marks by a quarterback in franchise history.
- Mahomes owns the franchise's postseason records for passing yards (4,084), touchdown passes (35), completions (352), attempts (523), completion percentage (67.3) and passer rating (107.4).
- His 107.4 passer rating in the postseason is the highest passer rating by any NFL quarterback in playoff history.
- Mahomes has recorded six games of a 120.0+ passer rating in the postseason, marking a league-best.
- He has recorded five seasons of three or more 100.0+ passer rating games in the postseason, which is an NFL record.
- In his first six NFL seasons, Mahomes ranks at the top of in the following postseason categories: touchdown passes (32), passes completed (331) and passes attempted (496).
- Has thrown five touchdown passes in a postseason game twice, joining PFHOF QB Kurt Warner (twice) and QB Daryle Lamonica (twice) as the only players in NFL history to have multiple playoff games with five or more passing touchdowns.
- Became the 13th starting quarterback to win multiple Super Bowls with his victory over the Eagles in Super Bowl LVII.
- After receiving the Super Bowl MVP, Mahomes became the fifth player in history to win multiple Super Bowl MVP titles and 11th player ever to receive both the Super Bowl MVP and league MVP in the same season.
- In Super Bowl LVII in Arizona, Mahomes threw three touchdown passes, marking his eighth postseason game of three or more touchdown passes. Having eight such games puts him in a tie for third-most postseason games of three or more touchdown passes with QB Aaron Rodgers. PFHOF QB Joe Montana (nine) and former QB Tom Brady (13) are the other two ahead of Mahomes.
- Finished the 2021 postseason with 11 passing touchdowns, tying Joe Flacco (2012) and PFHOFs Kurt Warner (2008) and Joe Montana (1989) for the most touchdown passes in a single postseason in NFL history.
- Threw three touchdown passes in the 2021 AFC Championship Game vs. Cincinnati (1/30/22), giving him seven postseason games with three or more touchdown passes, ranking as the fourth-most by a quarterback in NFL history, at the time.
- Orchestrated one of the most exciting finishes to a playoff game in the 2021 AFC Divisional Round against the Buffalo Bills, leading the Chiefs to 19 fourth-quarter and overtime points, including setting up the game-tying field goal with just 0:13 remaining on the clock and connecting with TE Travis Kelce for an eight-yard game-winning touchdown in OT. Completed a franchise record 33 passes and tied for the second-most yards in a single game in frachise postseason history wth 378 yards in the win to set up an NFL record fourth-consecutive home conference title game at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
- With his start in Super Bowl LV following the 2020 season, Mahomes became the youngest quarterback in NFL history (25 years and 143 days old) to start in two Super Bowls, surpassing Russell Wilson, who was 26 years and 64 days old at the time of his second Super Bowl start (SB XLIX) with the Seattle Seahawks.
- With his start in the AFC Championship Game against Buffalo (1/24/21) during the 2020 season, he became the 12th quarterback since the 1970 merger to start in three-consecutive conference championship games and was the first player to accomplish the feat prior to his 26th birthday. He also became the first quarterback ever to accomplish the feat in his first four seasons in the league.
- At 24 years and 138 days, Mahomes became the third-youngest player and youngest quarterback in NFL history to be named Super Bowl MVP, earning the honors for his performance in Super Bowl LIV vs. the San Franchisco 49ers.
- In the AFC Championship Game against Tennessee (1/19/20) became the first player in Chiefs franchise history to ever record multiple passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown (three passing, one rushing) in a postseason game.
- Became the first player in NFL history to record 300+ passing yards, five or more passing touchdowns and 50+ rushing yards in a playoff game in the AFC Divisional Round against Houston (1/12/20).
- Threw five touchdown passes in the 2020 AFC Divisional Round, the most in a single-game in Chiefs postseason history and tied for the fourth-most in NFL history. Four of his five touchdowns came in the second quarter, making him just the second player in NFL postseason history (QB Doug Williams in Super Bowl XXII) with four passing touchdowns in a single quarter.
- Selected to the Pro Bowl following the 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 seasons.
- Named an AP All-Pro following the 2018 2022 (first-team), 2020 (second-team) and 2022 (first-team) seasons.
- Received PFWA All-AFC Team honors in 2018 and 2020.
- Voted by teammates as an offensive team captain for the postseason in each of his six seasons as the starter (2018-22).
- 2022 Chiefs Derrick Thomas Most Valuable Player.
- Super Bowl LVII MVP.
- 2022 NFL Most Valuable Player.
- November 2022 AFC Offensive Player of the Month.
- 2022 Weeks 1 and 4 AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- December 2021 AFC Offensive Player of the Month.
- 2021 Weeks 1 and 10 AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- 2020 Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year.
- 2020 TSN All-NFL Team.
- November 2020 AFC Offensive Player of the Month.
- 2020 Weeks 3 and 8 AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- Super Bowl LIV MVP.
- September 2019 AFC Offensive Player of Month.
- 2019 Week 2 AFC Offensive Player of Week.
- 2019 ESPY Best NFL Player.
- 2019 Week 2 FedEx Air Player of the Week.
- 2018 Chiefs Derrick Thomas Most Valuable Player.
- 2018 Bert Bell Award.
- 2018 NFL Most Valuable Player.
- 2018 AP, NFL, PFWA, SI and the 101 Awards Offensive Player of the Year.
- 2018 PFW All-NFL Team.
- 2018 FedEx Air Player of the Year.
- 2018 Weeks 1, 2, 7 and 8 AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- 2018 Weeks 2, 7 and 8 FedEx Air Player of the Week.
- September 2018 AFC Player of the Month.
- Signed contract extension with Kansas City (7/6/20) ... Originally entered the NFL as a first-round pick (10th overall) by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2017 NFL Draft.
Patrick Mahomes Claims the No. 1 Spot in the NFL Top 100 Rankings
Mahomes was one of three Chiefs to land in the top 10
Patrick Mahomes Earns Second-Career MVP Award at NFL Honors Ceremony
Mahomes earned Associated Press NFL MVP honors on Thursday
QB Patrick Mahomes Named Chiefs Nominee for Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year presented by Nationwide
Patrick Mahomes Named AFC Offensive Player of the Month
Mahomes currently leads the NFL in passing yards and touchdowns
Patrick Mahomes Named AFC Offensive Player of the Month
Mahomes threw for 1,110 yards and eight touchdowns in the month of December
Patrick Mahomes Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Mahomes completed 31-of-42 passes for 416 yards and five touchdowns on Sunday
What We Learned From the Chiefs' Assistant Coaches on Thursday
Dave Toub, Eric Bieniemy, Bob Sutton, Al Harris and Mike Kafka all spoke with the media Thursday afternoon
Andy Reid on OTAs: "I can't say enough about the energy level"
Here's what we learned from Andy Reid on Thursday
OL Cam Erving Getting an Opportunity, Says Joining Chiefs Was "Breath of Fresh Air"
The former first-round pick is in his first full offseason with the Chiefs
Social Recap: Memorial Day, Dr. LDT and Reactions to the NBA Playoffs
A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media
Kareem Hunt Talks Versatility as Organized Team Activities Get Underway
A rushing title already in the books, Hunt is eyeing even bigger things in 2018
Chiefs Continue Tweaking and Building Offense Around Patrick Mahomes
It's a crucial time for development for the young signal-caller
Chiefs' QB Patrick Mahomes: "I Thought I Overthrew Him..."
Patrick Mahomes, Eric Berry, Justin Houston and Kareem Hunt met with the media after OTAs on Thursday
What We Learned from Head Coach Andy Reid on Thursday
Coach Reid met with the media following Organized Team Activities on Thursday
Chiefs Offseason Workouts Preview: Checking Out the Quarterbacks
Here's a look at the four quarterbacks participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs)
Social Recap: Patrick Mahomes Returns to the Baseball Diamond for a Night
A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media
Chiefs Offseason Workouts Preview: Checking Out the Tight Ends
Here's a look at the six tight ends participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this year
Chiefs' Quarterbacks Experience Battle Simulation at Fort Leavenworth
Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne and Matt McGloin learned about battle tactics and decision-making on Wednesday
Chiefs Offseason Workouts Preview: Checking Out the Receivers
Here's a look at the 12 receivers participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this year
Social Recap: Mother's Day, NASCAR and a Legendary Pair of Jorts
A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media
Doggone Our QB1 Is Special | Patrick Mahomes Mic'd Up Week 3 | Chiefs vs. Bears
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is Mic'd Up for the Chiefs' Week 3 game against the Chicago Bears. Hear all the sounds from Mahomes' record breaking game, when he became the fastest QB in NFL history to reach 25,000 career passing yards.
Patrick Mahomes: "Going to be a great challenge for us" | Press Conference 9/27
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes talks about his improvised touchdown throw to tight end Travis Kelce, how difficult it is to play against the Chiefs' defense, what he expects to see against the New York Jets on Sunday and more in a press conference.
Patrick Mahomes: "Offense is moving in the right direction" | Press Conference Week 3
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media about the offense through three weeks, how the defense has been playing, the running backs and more after their Week 3 win over the Chicago Bears.
Patrick Mahomes' Best Plays from 3-TD Game | Chiefs vs. Bears
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' best throws and runs from his team's 41-10 win in Week 3 over the Chicago Bears.
TOUCHDOWN: Patrick Mahomes Finds Travis Kelce in the Back of the End Zone
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes finds tight end Travis Kelce in the back of the end zone for a 3-yard touchdown catch.
Patrick Mahomes Finds a Wide-Open Marquez Valdes-Scantling for 38-Yard Gain
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes completes a 38-yard pass to Marquez Valdes-Scantling against the Chicago Bears.
Patrick Mahomes Delivers Perfect Pass Down the Sideline to Justin Watson for 37 Yards
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes completes a 37-yard pass to wide receiver Justin Watson against the Chicago Bears.
TOUCHDOWN: Patrick Mahomes' Flick to Jerick McKinnon Gets the Chiefs on the Board
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes opens the scoring against the Chicago Bears with a 6-yard touchdown pass to running back Jerick McKinnon.
Patrick Mahomes' 21-Yard Laser to Skyy Moore Moves the Chiefs into the Red Zone
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes fires a 21-yard pass to wide receiver Skyy Moore against the Chicago Bears.
Patrick Mahomes Buys Time and Finds Travis Kelce for a 24-Yard Gain
Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce gains 24 yards on a pass from quarterback Patrick Mahomes.
Patrick Mahomes Navigates the Pocket and Finds Travis Kelce to Move the Chains
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes avoids the pass rush and finds tight end Travis Kelce for the first down.
Patrick Mahomes: "Want to take some pressure off of the defense" | Press Conference 9/20
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media about the offense through two weeks, how well the defense has been playing and more ahead of the Chiefs' Week 3 matchup against the Chicago Bears.
Patrick Mahomes' Clutch Throw to Skyy Moore | Inside Scoop 2023 Week 2
Get the inside scoop on Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' clutch, 54-yard completion to wide receiver Skyy Moore in the fourth quarter of the Week 2 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars that ultimately sealed the victory for the Chiefs.
Patrick Mahomes: "Going back to the basics and going back to the fundamentals" | Press Conference 9/17
Quarterback Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media after the Kansas City Chiefs Week 2 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Patrick Mahomes' Best Plays in 2-TD Game | Chiefs vs. Jaguars
Watch the best plays from Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' in 2-TD game vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars from Week 2 of the 2023 NFL season.
Patrick Mahomes' Buys Time and Finds Skyy Moore for a 54-Yard Pickup
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' sudden-stop move sparks 54-yard dime to wide receiver Skyy Moore.
Patrick Mahomes Does It Himself on 14-Yard Scramble to Move the Chains in Crunch Time
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes does it himself on 14-yard scramble in crunch time.
Patrick Mahomes Goes Deep and Finds Justin Watson for a Contested 34-Yard Catch
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes dials launch codes to wide receiver Justin Watson for contested 34-yard grab.
TOUCHDOWN: Patrick Mahomes Finds Travis Kelce for his First TD Catch of the Season
Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce punts football into stands after first TD catch of 2023 from 9 yards out. Quarterback Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce pass Len Dawson and Otis Taylor for the most touchdown connections in Kansas City Chiefs history.
TOUCHDOWN: Patrick Mahomes Slings 9-Yard TD Pass to Skyy Moore Before Halftime
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes slings 9-yard TD pass to wide receiver Skyy More before halftime.
Patrick Mahomes Finds Clyde Edwards-Helaire for CLUTCH Fourth-Down Conversion
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire combine forces for fourth-down conversion.
Patrick Mahomes' Top 28 Plays (so far) | Kansas City Chiefs
Celebrate Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' 28th birthday with his top 28 plays (so far) in his NFL career.
Patrick Mahomes: "Keep building, make yourself better" | Press Conference 9/13
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media about the upcoming game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Chris Jones' return to the team, recaps Week 1 against the Detroit Lions and more in a press conference on September 13, 2023.
Patrick Mahomes: "Keep working on it" | Press Conference Week 1
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes reacts to the Chiefs' 2023 NFL Kickoff Game against the Detroit Lions.
|1||Lions||L 20 - 21||21||39||226||5.8||2||1||0||0||77.5||6||45||7.5||0|
|2||@Jaguars||W 17 - 9||29||41||305||7.4||2||1||1||7||98.1||7||30||4.3||0||0||0|
|3||Bears||W 41 - 10||24||33||272||8.2||3||0||0||0||127.3||3||28||9.3||0|
|2017||Kansas City Chiefs||1||1||22||35||284||8.1||0||1||2||15||76.4||7||10||1.4||0||0||0|
|2018||Kansas City Chiefs||16||16||383||580||5097||8.8||50||12||26||171||113.8||60||272||4.5||2||9||2|
|2019||Kansas City Chiefs||14||14||319||484||4031||8.3||26||5||17||127||105.3||43||218||5.1||2||3||2|
|2020||Kansas City Chiefs||15||15||390||588||4740||8.1||38||6||22||147||108.2||62||308||5||2||5||2|
|2021||Kansas City Chiefs||17||17||436||658||4839||7.4||37||13||28||146||98.4||66||381||5.8||2||9||4|
|2022||Kansas City Chiefs||17||17||435||648||5250||8.1||41||12||26||188||105.2||61||358||5.9||4||5||0|
|2023||Kansas City Chiefs||3||3||74||113||803||7.1||7||2||1||7||99.5||16||103||6.4||0||0||0|