- Fifth-year quarterback enters his fifth season with the Chiefs in 2021.
- With his start in Super Bowl LV, Mahomes became the youngest quarterback in NFL history (25 years and 143 days old) to start in two Super Bowls, surpassing Seattle's Russell Wilson, who was 26 years and 64 days old at the time of his second Super Bowl start (SB XLIX).
- At 24 years and 138 days, Mahomes became the third-youngest player and youngest quarterback in NFL history to be named Super Bowl MVP. He is also the youngest player to ever win a league MVP and a Super Bowl title.
- With 114 passing touchdowns in his first four NFL seasons he became just the third quarterback with at least 110 touchdown passes in his first four seasons in NFL history, joining Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino (142) and Kurt Warner (111).
- His 26 career 300-yard games are the most in Chiefs history and tied PFHOF QB Kurt Warner (26) for the most games of at least 300 passing yards in a player's first four seasons in league annals.
- With 4,740 passing yards in 2020, Mahomes recorded his third-consecutive season with 4,000+ passing yards. He became the third player in NFL history with 4,000+ passing yards in three of his first four seasons, joining QB Peyton Manning and PFHOF QB Dan Marino. Along with 38 passing touchdowns in 2020, he became just the seventh player in NFL history to throw for 4,500+ passing yards and 35+ passing touchdowns multiple times in his career.
- Recorded 91 career touchdowns in 37 career games played, passing PFHOF QB Dan Marino (40 games) as the fastest quarterback in the Super Bowl era to reach 90-career touchdown passes.
- Became the fastest QB in NFL history to reach 10,000 career passing yards, doing so in just 34 career games. He passed PFHOF QB Kurt Warner who accomplished the feat in 36 career games.
- Logged 9,238 passing yards and 75 touchdown passes in his first 30 career games, making him the fastest quarterback in NFL history to reach the milestones of 9,000+ career passing yards and 75+ passing touchdowns.
- Threw 29 touchdown passes in his first 10 career NFL games, more TD throws than any QB in NFL history in their first 10 games.
- Threw 26 touchdown passes and 2,810 yards through Week 8 of the 2018 season, the most passing touchdowns and passing yards in a player's first nine career games in the Super Bowl era.
- Made his NFL debut and first start during the Chiefs 2017 regular season finale against the Broncos (12/31) and completed 22 of 35 passes (62.9%) for 284 yards. His 284 passing yards are the second-most by a rookie passer in a single-game in franchise history. He added seven carries for 10 yards.
- Originally entered the NFL as the 10th overall pick in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft by Kansas City.
- The Chiefs traded traded the No. 27 overall pick, a third-round pick and their 2018 first-round selection to the Buffalo Bills in order to move up to the No. 10 spot where they selected Mahomes.
- Ranks first in career passer rating (108.7), completion percentage (66.03), 300-yard passing games (26), and passing average (8.39) in franchise history.
- Mahomes has thrown a touchdown pass in 25 straight games dating back to Week 5 of the 2019 season, the franchise record for the most consecutive games with a touchdown pass. His streak of 25-consecutive games with a touchdown pass is the longest active streak in the NFL.
- Since he became the starting signal-caller, Mahomes has not lost in the month of September, tallying a 10-0 record, 3,304 passing yards, 32 passing touchdowns and zero interceptions.
- In Week 12 against Tampa Bay (11/29/20), finished the game completing 37-of-49 passes (75.5%) for 462 yards with three passing touchdowns, good for a 124.7 passer rating. His 462 passing yards in the game are the second-most single-game passing yards in his career and are the fourth-most single-game passing yards in franchise history.
- In the first half against the Buccaneers, Mahomes passed for 359 passing yards marking the fifth time since 2018 that a quarterback threw for more than 300 yards in a game's opening half. Mahomes is now responsible for three of those five occasions with 300 yard first-half performances at Jacksonville on Sept. 8, 2019 and at Oakland on Sept. 15, 2019.
- Logged his 17th-career 300+ passing yard game in Week 15 against Denver (12/15/19), tying Pro Football Hall of Fame QB Kurt Warner (17) for second-most 300+ yard passing games in a quarterback's first three seasons in NFL history.
- Became the fastest QB to reach 70 passing touchdowns in 27 career games, passing Dan Marino (29 games) during the Week 12 game against Oakland (12/1/19).
- Recorded 1,831 passing yards with no interceptions in the first five games of the 2019 season, passing Peyton Manning (1,744 passing yards in 2013) for the most passing yards without an interception to begin a season in NFL history.
- Threw for 278 yards in the second quarter in Week 2 at Oakland (9/15/19), the second-most passing yards in any single quarter in a game in NFL history, trailing only New Orleans QB Drew Brees who threw for 294 yards in the fourth quarter at Atlanta on Nov. 9, 2008.
- During the 2018 season became just the second quarterback (QB Peyton Manning in 2013) in NFL history to throw for 50 touchdowns and 5,000 passing yards in a single-season.
- Became the fastest player to 4,000 career passing yards by accomplishing the feat in just 13 career games.
- In his first season a the full-time starter broke the Chiefs single-season passing touchdown record, passing Len Dawson with 31 touchdown passes through Week 10 of the 2018 season. Finished the 2018 season with 50 touchdown passes, tied for the second-most in a single season in NFL history with QB Tom Brady (50 in 2007).
- Recorded longest touchdown pass of his career (89 yards) in Week 17 vs. Oakland (12/30/18).
- Has recorded six touchdown passes in a game twice in his career against the Steelers (9/16/18) and the Rams (11/19/20), tying Chiefs QB Len Dawson for most touchdown passes in one game in team history.
- First quarterback in Chiefs history to throw for 300+ yards in eight consecutive games in a single season (2018).
Postseason Career Highlights:
- Ranks first in career postseason passing touchdowns (17), passing yards (2,324), passes attempted (301), passes completed (191) and completion percentage (63.5) in franchise history.
- With his start in the AFC Championship Game against Buffalo (1/24/21) became the 12th quarterback since the 1970 merger to start in three-consecutive conference championship games and the first to accomplish the feat prior to his 26th birthday. He also became the first quarterback ever to accomplish the feat in his first four seasons in the league.
- In the AFC Championship Game against Tennessee (1/19/20) became the first player in Chiefs franchise history to ever record multiple passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown (three passing, one rushing) in a postseason game.
- Became the first player in NFL history to record 300+ pass yards, five+ pass touchdowns and 50+ rushing yards in a playoff game in the AFC Divisional Round against Houston (1/12/20).
- Threw five touchdown passes in the 2020 AFC Divisional Round, the most in a single-game in Chiefs postseason history and tied for the fourth-most in NFL history. Four of his five touchdowns came in the second quarter, making him just the second player in NFL postseason history (QB Doug Williams in Super Bowl XXII) with four passing touchdowns in a single quarter.
- Named to the Pro Bowl for the third-consecutive year following the 2020 season.
- Named second-team AP All-Pro and to the PFWA All-AFC team following the 2020 season.
- Named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November. He threw for 1,598 yards and 14 touchdowns with just one interception throughout the month. He led the league with 14 passing plays of at least 25 yards in November while completing his throws at the highest clip of any player in the NFL with at least four games played (72.9%). He averaged 399.5 yards-per-game across those contests, which is the highest mark for any player in a single month in NFL history.
- Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week during the 2020 season twice, following Weeks 3 and 8.
- Named Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl LIV after completing 26-of-42 passes for 286 yards with three total touchowns (two passing, one rushing) in the come-from-behind victory over San Francisco.
- Named AFC Offensive Player of Month for September after starting the 2019 season with the league-lead in touchdown passes (10) and 1,510 passing yards, the third-most in NFL history through four games.
- Named AFC Offensive Player of Week following Week 2 of the 2019 season, where he threw four touchdowns, completed 30-of-44 passes for 443 yards against the Oakland Raiders, marking his second-highest yardage total in a single game.
- Won the ESPY for the Best NFL Player in ESPN's annual awards show in July of 2019.
- Awarded the National Football League's Most Valuable Player for 2018 season.
- Named 2018 FedEx Air Player of the year.
- Three-Time Fedex Air Player of the Week in 2018 season (Weeks 2, 7 and 8).
- Earned back-to-back AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after his debut against the Chargers (9/9) where he completed 15 of 27 passes (55.5%) for 256 yards and four touchdowns and in Week 2 against the Steelers (9/16), completing 26 of 28 passes for 326 yards and six touchdowns.
- 2018 AFC Player of the Month for September.
- Named the 2018 Offensive Player of the Year by AP, PFWA, SI and the 101 Awards.
- Re-signed with Kansas City (7/6/20) ... Originally entered the NFL as a first-round pick (10th overall) by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2017 NFL Draft.
Patrick Mahomes Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Mahomes completed 31-of-42 passes for 416 yards and five touchdowns on Sunday
What We Learned From the Chiefs' Assistant Coaches on Thursday
Dave Toub, Eric Bieniemy, Bob Sutton, Al Harris and Mike Kafka all spoke with the media Thursday afternoon
Andy Reid on OTAs: "I can't say enough about the energy level"
Here's what we learned from Andy Reid on Thursday
OL Cam Erving Getting an Opportunity, Says Joining Chiefs Was "Breath of Fresh Air"
The former first-round pick is in his first full offseason with the Chiefs
Social Recap: Memorial Day, Dr. LDT and Reactions to the NBA Playoffs
A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media
Chiefs Continue Tweaking and Building Offense Around Patrick Mahomes
It's a crucial time for development for the young signal-caller
Chiefs' QB Patrick Mahomes: "I Thought I Overthrew Him..."
Patrick Mahomes, Eric Berry, Justin Houston and Kareem Hunt met with the media after OTAs on Thursday
What We Learned from Head Coach Andy Reid on Thursday
Coach Reid met with the media following Organized Team Activities on Thursday
Chiefs Offseason Workouts Preview: Checking Out the Quarterbacks
Here's a look at the four quarterbacks participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs)
Social Recap: Patrick Mahomes Returns to the Baseball Diamond for a Night
A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media
Chiefs Offseason Workouts Preview: Checking Out the Tight Ends
Here's a look at the six tight ends participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this year
Chiefs' Quarterbacks Experience Battle Simulation at Fort Leavenworth
Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne and Matt McGloin learned about battle tactics and decision-making on Wednesday
Chiefs Offseason Workouts Preview: Checking Out the Receivers
Here's a look at the 12 receivers participating in the Chiefs' Organized Team Activities (OTAs) this year
Social Recap: Mother's Day, NASCAR and a Legendary Pair of Jorts
A roundup of what the Chiefs have been up to on social media
Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes Considered "Fantasy Football Sleeper" in 2018
It's never too early to begin your fantasy football research
Chiefs Rookie Minicamp: 68 Players Set to Participate, Plus Other Important Info
Here's the roster of players who will attend the three-day minicamp this weekend
Meet the Kansas City Chiefs' 14 Undrafted Rookie Free Agents for 2018
Here's what you need to know about the Chiefs' 2018 undrafted free agents
|2||@Ravens||L 35 - 36||24||31||343||11.1||3||1||0||0||131.5||1||3||3||0|
|1||Browns||W 33 - 29||27||36||337||9.4||3||0||2||13||131.4||5||18||3.6||1|
|2017||Kansas City Chiefs||1||1||22||35||284||8.1||0||1||2||15||76.4||7||10||1.4||0|
|2018||Kansas City Chiefs||16||16||383||580||5097||8.8||50||12||26||171||113.8||60||272||4.5||2||9||2|
|2019||Kansas City Chiefs||14||14||319||484||4031||8.3||26||5||17||127||105.3||43||218||5.1||2||3||2|
|2020||Kansas City Chiefs||15||15||390||588||4740||8.1||38||6||22||147||108.2||62||308||5||2||5||2|
|2021||Kansas City Chiefs||2||2||51||67||680||10.1||6||1||2||13||131.4||6||21||3.5||1|
Jarran Reed: "We're gonna get better as we go" | Press Conference 9/22
DT Jarran Reed speaks to the media
Patrick Mahomes: "His arm talent is crazy" | Press Conference 9/22
QB Patrick Mahomes speaks to media.
Patrick Mahomes: "Don't let one play define you" | Press Conference Week 2
QB Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media after the Chiefs vs Ravens game.
Patrick Mahomes' Best Plays in Week 2 | Chiefs vs. Ravens
Watch all of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' best plays from his 343-yard game against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 2 of the 2021 NFL regular season.
TOUCHDOWN: Patrick Mahomes Launches Unorthodox 33-yard TD Strike to Demarcus Robinson
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes launches an unorthodox 33-yard touchdown strike to Chiefs wide receiver Demarcus Robinson.
Patrick Mahomes' Casual Scrambling Flick to Mecole Hardman Turns Into 19-Yard Gain
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' casual scrambling flick to Chiefs wide receiver Mecole Hardman turns into a 19-yard gain.
Patrick Mahomes' Top 26 Mahoments as a Chief (so far)
Watch Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' top 26 career plays in celebration of his 26th birthday.
Patrick Mahomes: "When two good football teams play... there's always going to be a lot of hype " | Press Conference 9/15
QB Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media.
Patrick Mahomes Jukes Defenders for Wild TD Run | Chiefs vs. Browns
QB Patrick Mahomes jukes defenders for a wild touchdown run to give the Chiefs their first TD of the game of Week 1 against the Cleveland Browns
Patrick Mahomes' Best Plays from Week 1 | Chiefs vs. Browns
Watch the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes's best plays from 4-TD game during Week 1 of the NFL 2021 season.
Patrick Mahomes: "It felt like a playoff game with the crowd" | Press Conference Week 1
QB Patrick Mahomes speaks with the media Chiefs vs. Browns game.
Can't-Miss Play: Patrick Mahomes' Desperation Launch Yields 75-yard TD for Tyreek Hill
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes launches a desperation heave to Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill that connects for a 75-yard touchdown
Patrick Mahomes Improvises for 28-Yard Strike to Tyreek Hill
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes improvises for a 28-yard strike to Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill.
Patrick Mahomes' Moves Send Defenders to the Turf on Shifty TD Scramble
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Mahomes' moves send defenders to the turf on his shifty touchdown scramble.
Patrick Mahomes Drops Downfield Loft in the Bucket to Tyreek Hill for 22 Yards
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes drops a downfield loft in the bucket to Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill for 22 yards.
Patrick Mahomes: "I think we stress the importance of starting the season fast" | Press Conference 9/8
QB Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media
'Top 100 Players of 2021': Patrick Mahomes No. 1
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been voted as the No. 1 player in the NFL on the "Top 100 Players of 2021" rankings.
Patrick Mahomes: "I don't really think I got touched today" | Preseason Week 3 Press Conference
QB Patrick Mahomes speaks to media following Chiefs vs. Vikings game.
Patrick Mahomes' Best Passes in Preseason Week 3 | Chiefs vs. Vikings
Watch all of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' best passes against the Minnesota Vikings in Preseason Week 3.
TOUCHDOWN: Patrick Mahomes' Launch Codes Hit Tyreek Hill for 35-Yard TD
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' perfect over-the-shoulder throw hits wide receiver Tyreek Hill for a 35-yard touchdown.
Patrick Mahomes: "The best thing with Mecole is that he doesn't make the same mistake twice" | Preseason Week 2 Press Conference
QB Patrick Mahomes speaks to the media after 17-10 win over the Arizona Cardinals in week 2 of the preseason.
Mahomes Rips Cross-Body Dart to Kelce After Elusive Escape
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes rips cross-body dart to tight end Travis Kelce after elusive escape.
Mahomes Fakes Out Isaiah Simmons on Scrambling Fourth-Down Pickup
Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes fakes out Arizona Cardinals linebacker Isaiah Simmons on scrambling fourth-down pickup.
Patrick Mahomes Mic'd Up: "That boy dense" | Chiefs Training Camp 2021
QB Patrick Mahomes had the mic on during practice at Chiefs Training Camp in St. Joseph, Missouri.